3 6.38%
  • Western Bulldogs - between 20 and 39 points

3 6.38%
  • Western Bulldogs - more than 40 points

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 - Western Bulldogs

Round 7 - Western Bulldogs

Our recent record against the Doggies has been pretty good - in fact they haven't beaten us since Round 8, 2002, when Eade was coaching the Swans and we got caned by 69 points at the SCG. Let's hope we can keep our streak against the Bulldogs intact this Sunday.

Blog Entries
    Good to see you put a close by date on it!!

I've tipped a modest win.

Finally we're back on the SCG where we belong!
    The Doggies are a far better outfit then they have been for a few seasons but hopefully, after the capitulation to the Cats last week and that dreadful game yesterday, our boys have been brought back to Earth and remember how to WIN.....

IN: Smith
    OUT: Davis

If Everitt comes back, then drop either Bolton or Buchanan. We need a big body at FF, and White is our man.

So, the Dogs have been better than the Swans so far, but the small SCG won't suit the Doggies' style of play. Very tough game to pick, but the Dogs have had four games on the rock hard TD surface in a row, so I daresay a few players will have some niggles. The two sides will share the lead for most of the match, but the Swans will just climb on top in the last quarter. Swans by 8.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    IN: Smith
    OUT: Davis

ill chuck a brick through the tv if i see that change, hopefully ill be at someone elses house at the time
    Theres not much left to say

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Swans will come out and towel up the red hot Doggies by 30 or so points further confounding "the experts" as to how a team can struggle to kick ten goals one week, then kick 25 the next...

From what I have seen of the Doggies this year they are a very fast,good side.We will need our quickest players on the field.

We're good things.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

In: Everett, Brennan
    Out: LRT, Davis

Looks a bit strange, but I think this is the right move for this game.

There is no good matchup for LRT, since the only tall forward for the Dogs is Will Minson who backs up in the ruck. Minson is a good match for White in size and position. Although LRT would be okay when Minson plays forward, LRT has not done much in the ruck, so would have about a half a game with no one to defend against. Probably wouldn't play much more that Everett in any case.

Everett comes in to play against Hudson. Jolly plays half the game at FF, giving Lake something to think about. Jolly is the best kicking tall on the team at this time. We can rotate White, Everett and Goodes through FF when Jolly goes into the ruck or rests.

Brennan in for Davis mainly for the matchups. The bulldogs have a lot of players that Brennan matches up well against. Can play a mainly defensive role against the likes of Johnson and Griffen, without giving away pace and size. Lots of good players around Brennan's size and speed level for the dogs. If there is a game he can shine in, I think this should be it.

After the break, Playfair and Grundy should be available for selection and we can reevaluate the forward structure.

Either we'll apply the choke chain on the Doggies through the midfield or beat them at their own game playing free-flowing footy. Regardless of the type of play, the Swans should dominate possession in the midfield and give the Bulldogs forwards less chances of scoring.

Swans by 28.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

With the number of smaller forwards the Bulldogs have, I think we could well see a Swans back six like:

White Bevan Jack Barry CB Richards vs.
    Minson Giansiracusa Aker Welsh Hahn Murphy

leaving Kennelly and Mattner to play more on the wings and in the midfield. Could be interesting as this gives us a much more attacking structure.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    ill chuck a brick through the tv if i see that change, hopefully ill be at someone elses house at the time
    So am I the only person who rated Smith's debut?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast