Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - 19 players on Ground yesterday

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    You reckon Roos sent his wife to the media???
    More like they asked her, and she gave an opinion.
    No, Roos introduced it in the post match conference by saying "my wife thought it was a goal" so he could comment on it without getting in trouble for voicing his own opinion. Similar to the Spidagate comments last year where he said he was "talking to someone, who reckoned we were hard done by".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    In some way I kind of hope we lose the points. (only a small way)

At least then, once and for all we can bury the line "the AFL love child".

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    No, Roos introduced it in the post match conference by saying "my wife thought it was a goal" so he could comment on it without getting in trouble for voicing his own opinion. Similar to the Spidagate comments last year where he said he was "talking to someone, who reckoned we were hard done by".
    I have noticed he is doing this a lot latey!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    Agreed - next time there is some controversy Roos will say "my son reckons...."

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Of course. I would have thought that was fairly obvious.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    No we don't. There's no way to prove the Kangaroos would have won had we not had 19 men on the field at one point.
    They have some argument that the player who should not have been on the field was directly involved in the chain of possessions leading to the final Swans score. If Jolly is not on the ground then there is no one in that spot where the ball went.

Still, I think the AFL will let it go - too much controversy to overturn a result in a fairly marginal case like this. Quite different to the Freo v. StK game.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can, actually. The AFL does have the power to change the result of matches. And honestly, I'm all for it. We made a @@@@ up that almost certainly influenced the course of the match. We deserve to lose the two points, and the Roos deserve to gain them.

Just a point of interest, however, couldn't it be argued that it was WHITE who was the extra man, and he came on early? Therefore, the extra man didn't have a role in the play.... Just being the Devil's advocate here though, I still think the result should be changed.
    That's crap.
    A mistake made by a coach is less worrysome than a mistake made by an umpire.
    If there is no recourse for the AFL due to outdated rules, then so be it.
    They should change the rules - there has certainly been recent occasions that should have brought this issue to head.

As for Jolly, the Swans are saying that he was taken of as he was the closest player when they realised.
    Maybe he wasn't the player who was supposed to come off.
    I think we should all be looking at what White 'did' rather than what Jolly 'did'
    White was the extra man who wandered on when there were already 18 players on the field.
    And he didn't impact on the game.
    Footy Classified beat up.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Just a point of interest, however, couldn't it be argued that it was WHITE who was the extra man, and he came on early? Therefore, the extra man didn't have a role in the play....
    No. The way I understand the interchange system works the player wanting to come on lodges his intent with the interchange official and who he is replacing. The official notes the names and times in his record. So officially Jolly was to come off, so when White goes on Jolly should not be out there. White seemed to go on early but Jolly is the 19th man officially, and I understand that this what the record says.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    His best call was "I know thousands & thousands of fans come to games each week to watch the umpires bounce the ball. I know they'll be mortified if they don't bounce it at games"

Roos at his sardonic sarcastic cynical self! (How about that for alliteration!! )

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Apparently we had 19 players on the ground for 10 seconds, could be fined $15,000.

Story just breaking on Footy Classifieds
    $15K ... is that all??
    Quick whip around on Sunday should pay that fine.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Just on the final moments of that game, how could Kirk not make the distance from 20 metres out?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo. View Post
    Just on the final moments of that game, how could Kirk not make the distance from 20 metres out?
    Barlow was the same, a little earlier in the last qtr, from about 35m. Too many players (particularly ours) kick around the corner rather than straight through the ball.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast