Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hall of Fame inductees

Wanker Carey was supposed to be inducted, but has missed out.

Good onya AFL for making such a great decision.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Austrian-born Alex Jesaulenko has been named the 22nd Legend in the Hall of Fame.
    Jezza is not only the first Legend to have been born overseas; he's the first Legend whose football origins took place north of the Murray River, namely in Canberra

Gavin Brown from the Collingwood Football Club is the 2nd Hall of Fame inductee tonight.

That is a football embarassment. Of his era he was a mediocre player whoe received less Brownlow votes than even Dale Lewis.

Does anyone ever remeber playing Collingwood and being concerned about what Gavin Brown would do?

That is a joke
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    That is a football embarassment. Of his era he was a mediocre player whoe received less Brownlow votes than even Dale Lewis.

Does anyone ever remeber playing Collingwood and being concerned about what Gavin Brown would do?

That is a joke
    Why is it a joke? He was a great player and he was captain. Just because he received hardly any brownlow votes, doesn't mean he's a dud player. He is a champion. Very un-heralded.

Why is it a joke? He was a great player and he was captain. Just because he received hardly any brownlow votes, doesn't mean he's a dud player. He is a champion. Very un-heralded.
    He was a very mediocre footballer.

Name for me the great games he's played?
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    He was a very mediocre footballer.

Name for me the great games he's played?
    Clutching at straws there.

Do I watch Collingwood that closely. You don't go by freakin' brownlow votes to find champions.

Veterans List
    I'm with Reggi on this one. In Jack Dyer's words he was a good average footballer, maybe a touch better than that, but a great footballer, get out of here.

Longevity; yes, Captian; yes but a Hall of Famer, heck no.

I would have thought clubs would have paid far more attention to Tony Morwood as he was a dangerous forward than Gavin Brown, but Tony wouldn't even get a sniff of Hall of Fame.

What about Tuddy and "character". He was done for handling stolen goods twice, stolen tyers I believe. I guess as long a you are not on drugs and not fixing up someones missus then it is OK for Hall of Fame.

Veterans List
    Can anyone tell me if John Nicholls is in the Hall of Fame. He did time for "things shifty".

My now deceased uncle a staunch Carlton supporter swore that he saw said player with a wad of notes as thick as his thigh out side the ground after a game aginst North. Played the worst game of his career and North did them in a big upset, mmm.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can anyone tell me if John Nicholls is in the Hall of Fame. He did time for "things shifty".

My now deceased uncle a staunch Carlton supporter swore that he saw said player with a wad of notes as thick as his thigh out side the ground after a game aginst North. Played the worst game of his career and North did them in a big upset, mmm.
    List of Australian Football Hall of Fame inductees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes he was one of the original 12 legends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12