Thread: Ryan Davis to debut for West Coast

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

Ryan Davis to debut for West Coast

Official Website of the Australian Football League > News Article > Davis set to debut for Eagles at Carrara

More proof that the scholarship scheme is working.

North Shore junior Ryan Davis has been elevated off the rookie list and selected to make his senior debut for the West Coast Eagles against North Melbourne at Carrara tomorrow.

A huge congratulations to him and I'm sure everyone will wish him well.
    And well done to North Shore on producing another AFL footballer.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

I think more proof of how far WCE have fallen, good luck to the kid but if thats all that the Eagles have they are in bigger trouble than they thought.

Warming the Bench

Boris

Totally uncalled for Boris. This kid CAN play and has been going very well in the WAFL and in fact made the state squad. Further proof he can play.

Keep your uneducated comments to yourself.

Good luck Ryan on your debut.

Almost Football Legend
    He did well at North Shore last year, and it's great to see another Sydney junior make it to AFL level.
    West Coast's run of injuries and bad form may have meant Davis got his opportunity earlier than expected; but he's been in great form for Swan Districts in the WAFL and it'll be interesting to see how he handles the step up to AFL level.

There's some good young players under the Scholarship system who are a chance to be drafted over the next couple of years. Ranga Ediwickrama and Scott Reed at Penno are a couple who are a good chance to get picked up.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Congrats to Ryan, has certainly been doing well this year looking at the stats from Swan districts Website. Also good to see Jason Fleming playing Seniors for them as well. Obviously there is some talent in the Sydney League contrary to alot of peoples opinion.
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Warming the Bench
    excellent news hope Ryan goes well
    North Shore Bombers forever

Warming the Bench
    Ryan kicked his first goal for West Coast
    North Shore Bombers forever

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good on him.

I was down at Gore Hill this morning, and there wasn't much of fuss about it- granted it was a Willoughby morning but we should put our heads together and be smarter to make sure that the juniors know when someone affiliated with their club in some way has done well.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

... and goes down in history as the first person to give away a free kick under the new controversial interchange rule!!