Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining a ticket for Subiaco?

Obtaining a ticket for Subiaco?

Hi, first time poster here, looking for some advice.

Although having been to the odd game in the past this has been my first season as a member of the Swans and I have been enjoying it greatly.

I?m going to be over in Perth on the weekend of the game v West Coast Eagles and it would have been great to see the match. Unfortunately upon looking on the Eagles section of Ticketmaster it just says tix are unavailable, but no reason why.

Does anyone know if the Eagles tend to sell out Subiaco, or whether it would be possible to try for a ticket by another avenue? Likewise any one know the legal situation with match day scalpers in WA?

Any advice would be good, thanks

J

Don't think tickets are on sale just yet.

But the weagles have more members than the capacity of Subi, so there's a fair chance that it will be sold out pretty quickly.

Try give the club a call. Normally they have an allocation of tickets to away matches in QLD, WA and SA that they can on-sell to members (I've gotten tickets to the Gabba and Subiaco this way before).

Normally it is about 3 weeks before the game, so you might have already missed out... but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Might be worth teh $500 flights to go over to Perth and see the Swans humiliate the Wee girls..

I wonder if fat boy will be there???..... Say Hi to him from all fo us...

On the Rookie List
    Tickets went on sale yesterday and sold out within 20mins.

After being told this I was able to purchase some online but these were with restricted view.

Also called the club but they didnt have any.

Look at the budgie criminals ... selling out a match they think they have a chance of winning.

Fools.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Look at the budgie criminals ... selling out a match they think they have a chance of winning.

Fools.
    You should hear drivel over here Annie. One win in 8 rounds and all of a sudden, "They are back!!"

Go Pies!! (ewwwww...can't believe I just typed that)
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

yup looks like no go, might need to just take my chances on the day.

apparently there are only 3000 tickets available to the public and of course the teams have a big rivalry, hence reason it has sold out.

actually got me wondering presumably it'd be safe enough wearing team colours? I've never felt anything remotely like a UK football scene in AFL but is there a bit of bad blood between the teams?

I'd imagine itd be ok, just wondering?

You'll be right. WCE supporters tend to bag and abuse their own players first and when that doesn't work, turn on us. Only if they are winning of course. If they are losing, well, you can hear a pin drop ( or a chardy glass!).
    But Swans have a pretty healthy following over here so there is usually plenty of red and white in the crowd to back you up.
    Sometimes tickets are offered for sale at my work, so if I hear of any going, I will PM you. Can't promise anything tho.
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    Try give the club a call. Normally they have an allocation of tickets to away matches in QLD, WA and SA that they can on-sell to members (I've gotten tickets to the Gabba and Subiaco this way before).

Normally it is about 3 weeks before the game, so you might have already missed out... but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

They were sold out a day or two after they went on sale in late April. You'll have buckly's chance getting them at this late stage.

People have to think ahead of time if they want away tickets to Perth matches because of the demand is so high. You can't just rock up a week in advance & think you'll get in.

Good luck in any case.

JF
    Last edited by JF_Bay22_SCG; 27th May 2008 at 11:27 PM.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post

Fools.
    They just want to boo Hall.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    They just want to boo Hall.
    No... Game after. But don't I wish it WAS that game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast