Thread: A Very Good Problem

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar

A Very Good Problem

With all talk at the moment about who to drop to make way for returning players to the senior's list, I think most of us have been pleasantly surprised at the number of rookie and established players playing top class footy. All this after how much was said during our pre season of our supposedly lack of talented players.
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

On the Rookie List
    Look, it's a fool's game to second guess Paul Roos.

I have often felt like doing it but bite my tongue and forget about it for a while and then all is forgiven when he, as always, is proven to be right.

Trust is a rare and wonderful thing in footy, I trust Paul Roos to make ALL the right decisions.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    I couldn't agree more. I've always had faith in Roosy.
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    Look, it's a fool's game to second guess Paul Roos.

I have often felt like doing it but bite my tongue and forget about it for a while and then all is forgiven when he, as always, is proven to be right.

Trust is a rare and wonderful thing in footy, I trust Paul Roos to make ALL the right decisions.
    Yeah, me too.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

That's why he is being paid top money and we post on a fan website.

I still get the feeling that this sideline coaching routine is a hand over for next year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    That's why he is being paid top money and we post on a fan website.I still get the feeling that this sideline coaching routine is a hand over for next year.
    He get's a lot of his masterstrokes from RWO.

hp

On the Rookie List
    I'm sure ROK Lobster is clammering to add his name to the list of Roos' supporters.

I still get the feeling that this sideline coaching routine is a hand over for next year.

Interesting that Longmire is now the bench coach. The media doesn't highlight it as much(obviously ,as he is assistant coach rather than head coach)and he doesn't seem as animated on the bench as Roosy was. Are his personal interaction skills as good as Paul's I wonder? One of the main reasons there is a coach down there is to communicate with the players.

Anyway back on topic...this season has reminded me of the movie "Shakespeare in Love" where one of the characters says that it will be alright in the end and he is asked how, and the reply is always"It's a mystery". I don't know whether Roosy really had this improvement mapped out or it has been Fate( there's a question for all you Shakespeare followers). Who could have predicted we would be still going well after that split second when Hall's fist connected with Stakers jaw! I saw our season as gone after that and the draw with Norf.

However here we are going along quite nicely and I haven't got my usual ulcer that is par for the course with following the Swans.

(Mind you It is 4 o'clock in the morning and I am typing on a computer..may be something to do with my ex having a brain tumour out today and I am worried for my daughters)
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Sorry to read about your ex.I hope things go well for her.It is a massive worry for you and the children.You take care yeah.Poor kids,it is traumatic for them.The words "brain tumour" are pretty scary so it would be great if it is benign.I hope things turn out for the positive.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

I think the sideline coaching thing is a result of our tapering off at the end of last year. Whilst I can't be sure, I suspect that the messages that Roos was trying to get to his players simply wasn't getting through. Whether it was the result of poor communications, apathy or just genuinely tired players, coach and staff, who knows. But the point is, him on the pine, with the players makes sure that he stays connected with the players and the message does get across exactly how he intended it too. I don't think Roos is the best coach out there. But I do think he's probably one of the best leaders in the AFL. Hence why him being on the sideline with the players has been successful.... so far anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Sorry to read about your ex.I hope things go well for her.It is a massive worry for you and the children.You take care yeah.Poor kids,it is traumatic for them.The words "brain tumour" are pretty scary so it would be great if it is benign.I hope things turn out for the positive.

He's still in the operating theatre 9 hours later..It is benign but it was growing and affecting things like walking. I didn't think I cared but am worried that it is taking so long and my girls are beside themselves. They are very scared.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    ....my girls are beside themselves. They are very scared.
    ^^ That's why you care.

Hope things work out.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09