Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam Newman - Boned

Billy is a better host than Senile Sam has been for a long while. He'll probably be back in 1-2 months time.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    Billy is a better host than Senile Sam has been for a long while. He'll probably be back in 1-2 months time.
    I hope Sam is back soon. I think he is funny even if he is sometimes rude and outrageous. At least he says what he thinks, and can also take @@@@ being thrown at him. Unfortunately the wowsers have taken over the world!!!

Death to the do-gooders.
    Ruin everyone else's fun.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Its not only women in the media that are targetted, it can be women in football in general.

I was on a coaches panel earlier this year and one of the potential coaches questioned the role of women on the panel, as we had never played or coached football. Women were on the panel because we are parents and me in particular had been involved on a footy committee for 7 years. I questioned his question and he just said that as women we should have no imput.

Needless to say this person didn't get recommended for a coaching job, however he bullied other committee members and there was a new committee convened and he got the job.

Unfortunately the team he is now coaching whilst winning every game so far, are unhappy, expecially the mothers of the boys as they are not listened to. It's the mums that do the bulk of the work in transporting and supporting their kids and this guy just dismisses it, to the detriment of our club.

We did have a win in a way last night as he resigned from the committee, but the damsage he has done with is chauvinistic attitudes will live on, and it 's such a shame.

makes you wonder sometimes why you bother trying to help when you get opposition like that - stick to your guns Annie, they will soon get the message if all the women involved just downed tools and stopped all transportation, fund raising, admin assitance, support and all the behind the scenes stuff that needs to be done and it all came to a screaming halt. Sadly some men just dont get it.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Its not only women in the media that are targetted, it can be women in football in general.

I was on a coaches panel earlier this year and one of the potential coaches questioned the role of women on the panel, as we had never played or coached football.
    Anni that sucks. You should tell him (and others of his ilk) that men don't and can't have babies but that doesn't stop them becoming obstetricians. It is ridiculous to suggest that as women don't play professionally they don't understand the game or can't have a role in it.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Shame on that coach Anni - I guess the most polite way to put it is that neither he nor Sam would find a place on the Swans' list.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    It was a joke.

I love all the anti women sentiment around when 90% of the overly sexist advertising is targeted towards males.
    Because we don't whine and complain and can take a joke.
    I'll be getting you tickets for "Sex in the City".

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Sweet home Novacastria
    Forgive the conspiracy theory, but it is 3 months since Sam had his Prostate removed.
    Any chance that his 3 month scan after surgery did not come back with a good result and he is going for more treatment?
    Perhaps the negative publicity has just been a convenient excuse?

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    I'll be getting you tickets for "Sex in the City".

JF
    I don't get Sex in The City, it's not a true sport.

HP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    I don't get Sex in The City, it's not a true sport.

HP
    Samantha is a good sport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12