Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladder

Ladder

Looking at the ladder, you would say that only 9 teams can realistically make the 8.

I don't see Carlton making it, maybe Port could have a surge if they win today.

Interesting to pick who would be 9th, out of st kilda, brisbane, kangaroos, collingwood, us and adelaide.

Brisbane and Collingwood seem to be certainties based on current form.

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Looking at the ladder, you would say that only 9 teams can realistically make the 8.

I don't see Carlton making it, maybe Port could have a surge if they win today.

Interesting to pick who would be 9th, out of st kilda, brisbane, kangaroos, collingwood, us and adelaide.

The thing I like about the current ladder is that the Swans have the highest % in the comp. Shove that one up your arse Demetriou.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    The thing I like about the current ladder is that the Swans have the ugliest % in the comp. Shove that one up your arse Demetriou.
    Corrected for accuracy.

Either North Melbourne or St. Kilda won't make the 8.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post

Not sure those two would be any more certainties than we would, based on form. Today's opposition wasn't much of a test, but nor was Collingwood's yesterdays. Last week's win against Port was a fine achievement though.

Brisbane have been very patchy in recent seasons - ie stringing wins together at one point in the season and then falling in a heap. They are looking decent at the moment but if they were to lose either Bradshaw or Brown for any length of time their forward line would look pretty impotent. Those two are dominating their scoring in a way that Matthews would probably prefer they weren't. We, on the other hand, after a couple of weeks of spluttering, are sharing the scoring around very evenly indeed in the absence of Hall.

Veterans List
    Talking of Barry Hall, very good comment was made on Radio after the game that we were going to the best option up forward rather than just MOL since Hall has been out, it is working, and that hopefully we wont go one dimensional when he comes back.

I agree and Barry should not be the focal point to the point that he cracks them big time if someone ignores his lead. He must now accept we have the right mix for him to be the consummate team player.

When the ball goes into the forward line right now there is tremendous movement by our forwards and the static play of the past seems to be just that, a thing of the past.

Veteran Site Admin
    The best thing about our forward structure is that the mids are taking the responsibility of kicking goals. It's been one of our weaknesses in the past, with the team rule seemingly always to be to find a forward on a short lead.

Nico is right though - they have to make sure they don't switch back to the old way of doing things once Hall is back. He'll get his share but they have to keep going with the current mindset.

i hope we havent dented the tigers confidence need them to beat the crows for us.
    Theres not much left to say

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i hope we havent dented the tigers confidence need them to beat the crows for us.
    They'll be right...they beat the crows in '06 the week after we flogged them by 100+ points...here's hoping! The crows have been ordinary of late, so with a bit of luck (and a win over the eagles at subi next week) we could be top 4 by this time next week!

sorry guys a little bit off topic, can somebody give me the formula for working out percentage?? like.. when you loose.. it goes down, win.. goes up

Quote Originally Posted by bloods2005 View Post
    sorry guys a little bit off topic, can somebody give me the formula for working out percentage?? like.. when you loose.. it goes down, win.. goes up
    Percentage = Points For/Points Against * 100.

There's no hard and fast rule as to whether it goes up when you win/down when you lose because it can go up when you lose if you have a low percentage and lose narrowly, or go down if you win having had a high percentage and win narrowly....

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Percentage = Points For/Points Against * 100.

There's no hard and fast rule as to whether it goes up when you win/down when you lose because it can go up when you lose if you have a low percentage and lose narrowly, or go down if you win having had a high percentage and win narrowly....
    Written like a true Gen Y....

That's Poinst Scored DIVIDED by Points Conceded and then MULTIPLIED by 100
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast