Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The media is starting to take notice

Senior Player
    I found this the funniest bit..

Best: Sydney: R O'Keefe L Barry A Goodes B Kirk M O'Loughlin D Jolly P Bevan C Bolton M Mattner. Richmond: B Deledio J Bowden N Foley.

They managed to fit in almost half our team, whilst they could only find three decent Richmond players.

Nearly every player on the ground won their 1 on 1 battle.
    That is what our game plan is all about.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    yeh its funny how they are all saying that we are premiership contenders, yet at the start of the season all of them were saying we are going to take a slide down the ladder this year. Oh, almost forgot, idiot Schwarz tipped Richmond to beat us(again), does he ever tip the swans? and if not, what did we ever do to him for him to hate us so much.
    Your spot on about Schwarz tipping against the Swans. Nearly every Wednesday when I look at the "Inside Football" tipsters, he is nearly always the one who tips against Sydney for the forthcoming game.

Yet there are two ironies to all of this. First, he is one of the leading tippsters in terms of success rate this year. Second, back in 2005 in the week leading up to the St Kilda Preliminary Final, he was I recall the only media person from Melbourne tipping a Swans Premiership. Most were tipping the Saints, followed by the Eagles, and few were tipping the Crows. Schwarz was on his own in tipping Sydney.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    I found this the funniest bit..

Best: Sydney: R O'Keefe L Barry A Goodes B Kirk M O'Loughlin D Jolly P Bevan C Bolton M Mattner. Richmond: B Deledio J Bowden N Foley.

They managed to fit in almost half our team, whilst they could only find three decent Richmond players.

Nearly every player on the ground won their 1 on 1 battle.
    That is what our game plan is all about.
    On the Tigers BF site last night a supporter was bemoaning the fact that Foley had 1 effective disposal, the goal he kicked. J Bowden a better player, hardly. Best for them by a mile was Newman.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Best for them by a mile was Newman.
    Agree on that. Was the only one that looked overly damaging all day. Never gave up.

Schwarz = Kiss of Death

Just got a massive wrap from Gerard Whateley on ABC news in his weekly AFL wrap.

Interesting to note we are equal first in quarters won and first in time in the lead at 66%.

Also pointed out that with the compromised draw that we are also 1st in percentage which can be a better indicator than wins at present. We also have the lowest score against after 10 rounds that any team has had in modern era of the game as well.

Combine this with the fact that we are scoring more than any other time under Roos and the numbers look impressive.

I said it before the Tigers game, while the Tigers were looking more competertive the underlying statistics didn't show that.

For us, they are looking strong.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Ox reckoned the 2005 Grand Final was the most boring GF he has ever seen.
    Hahaha...you can't get too excited about a game when you are in the TAB the whole time though can you...
    Go you mighty BLOODBOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Interesting to note we are equal first in quarters won and first in time in the lead at 66%.
    I saw this in the extended ladder in the HSun today. A very positive sign.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Sydney will probably win the flag if they finish top four.

But;

I hope the Bulldogs win it. Even if it means seeing Aker with another medal.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    Sydney will probably win the flag if they finish top four.

But;

I hope the Bulldogs win it. Even if it means seeing Aker with another medal.
    Guess what? We don't care what you hope.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Guess what? We don't care what you hope.
    If anyone other than the Swans is to win this season, my pick would be the Dogs (though the Aker factor mutes my enthusiasm for them a bit).

Look at the alternatives

Geelong - did it last year

Hawks - will be a sad sad day for footy the time a club that has systematically planned to be rubbish for 3 or so years walks off with the premiership. I desperately want executive-level tanking to be shown to be a useless strategy

Adelaide - dull. People say the Swans are boring but they are at least partly eccentric with it. The Crows aren't even that - they are just plain well drilled dullness.

Pies - 'nuf said

North - multiple reasons to dislike them, from 1996 (yes, still) to their arrogant foray into Sydney to their ditching of Canberra when the ACT mob were at least trying to get behind them, to the whinging of Brayshaw.

Brisbane - nothing major against them, but I don't think they're good enough, not this year.

And no-one else stands a snowballs chance. Which just leaves the Dogs. Wouldn't mind seeing Johnson and West retire as premiership players, and still have a bit of a soft spot for Eade, even if him leaving when he did was the best thing for us.

Excluding the Swans from the equation, I'd love to see the 'Dogs beat Geelong in the GF - would be a cracker game.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast