Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The media is starting to take notice

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I'd prefer 'Pies to Hawthorn. Collingwood are less annoying these days IMO.

Of the current eight I would go for Swans, 'Dogs, Geelong, Brisbane, 'Pies, Adelaide, Hawthorn, NM.
    Same order for me, although I would swap the last two around.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Cant believe any of you could want the Pies to win the flag. As much as I agree that they play a nice brand of footy, stuff em- they are the pies every year more they go without a flag the better if you ask me! Especially with that w***ker Mcguire running the place.
    Seriously if it aint us Id like to see the Cats win it again- or the Lions I dont mind them either!

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Sorry guys, I guess I'm just less hate-filled than the average footy fan.

Couldn't even muster much hatred for West Coast in Round 4 this year, given they were travelling pretty horribly at that point. I think I have more reason to dislike North, echoing Liz's post.
    Weak as piss. Not a true supporter!

Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Same order for me, although I would swap the last two around.
    I'm probably the same but NM are so unlikely I just threw them in as the remainder!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    On the Tigers BF site last night a supporter was bemoaning the fact that Foley had 1 effective disposal, the goal he kicked. J Bowden a better player, hardly. Best for them by a mile was Newman.
    Seinfeld must be @@@@ty
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Seinfeld must be @@@@ty
    My mate and I were laughing about it on Sunday. Each time Newman would beat Bulldog in a one on one, fairly regularly, we would go 'Newman' thru gritted teeth ala Jerry, as he ran the ball out of defence.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Jake Niall's now got in on the act

Steadfast Swans - realfooty.com.au

Not sure about his last bit. For a start, I doubt any football fan really cares whether his team wins on that last Saturday in September with a bunch of suddenly matured youngsters or with a bunch of oldies.

And you don't need to see a dozen draftees emerge to get excited. Just reading this board over the last few months demonstrates how much enjoyment we're getting over Moore, Bird, Jack and Barlow. Plus we have plenty more in store over the next 12-24 months with Vezspremi, Murphy and Currie set to emerge at the very very least. And we can be confident that when they're brought in they'll be ready, and that they'll have the advantage of making their way alongside the mature bodies and experience of Goodes, Kirk, O'Keefe et al.

What's more, I take as much pleasure in seeing how Richards, Bolton and even Hall have blossomed under Roos as I do in watching the draftees develop.

I was flabbergasted by the writer's comment that Swans supporters never feel any pain. It may not be at the present but the pain I have felt since choosing the Swans in '70 has been immense.

The present lull is making me nervous. I am out of my comfort zone and the whole street is commenting on the fact. The vibe of the neighbourhood is affected by the answer to that one question..."Did the Swans win?" It will never be like the Hawthorn supporters of the '80's who thought it was there god-given right to win the flag or play in the Grand Final but it is a fairly calm feeling at the moment.

Also I agree with Liz. We may not have the expectation of having high draft picks to look forward to but we do have the talents of the kids we do get to enjoy. I am really looking forward to Murphy and Vespa.

A lot of the clubs who have had high draft picks have burnt them out. Deledio comes to mind. He carried Richmond in his first season according to a Tigers fan friend of mine. Imagine if he was in an even team like ours..he would not have had to have had so much responsibility. The Tigers also have shown what a gamble it is in the draft. Even with their high draft picks they have still not blossomed.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    The Tigers also have shown what a gamble it is in the draft. Even with their high draft picks they have still not blossomed.
    This part is spot on. Richmond has a bunch of high picks on it's list and that club has gone nowhere over the last 20 years or so. If we had a choice between keeping Moore or giving him up for 2008's #1 pick, I know I'd choose to keep Moore because he's already proven himself to be a real find.

I was flabbergasted by the writer's comment that Swans supporters never feel any pain. It may not be at the present but the pain I have felt since choosing the Swans in '70 has been immense.
    We feel pain at least once a fortnight.
    The Swans are a hard team to watch play.

Also, we were cellar dwellers for a LONG time.
    The only bringt thing about that was that when we DID ein, it was like we'd won the flag
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    We feel pain at least once a fortnight.
    The Swans are a hard team to watch play.

Also, we were cellar dwellers for a LONG time.
    The only bringt thing about that was that when we DID ein, it was like we'd won the flag
    Yeah well I felt immense pain on the night of the 06 grandfinal - a pranged car, cracked ribs, bruises to go and stuck in Melbourne - so this bloke hasnt got a clue!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I was flabbergasted by the writer's comment that Swans supporters never feel any pain.
    Agreed. I only started following the Swans in the last 10 years or so, and in that time we've been pretty successful, but, without wishing to be seen as simply having a whinge about his comment, I think it sort of flatters the Swans' history a little bit, in that yes, a lot of fans did jump on post-1996, but a large chunk of our supporters still remember the lean years as well.

I guess it's kind of flattering that the Swans are now seen as a consistently successful side!
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 5th June 2008 at 03:17 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast