Thread: The media is starting to take notice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The media is starting to take notice

Swans are starting to get picked up on the media radar. Good article here by Rohan Connolly:

Swans: The real deal - realfooty.com.au

And a rave about the Swans from Terry Wallace here:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016140,00.html
    Last edited by cruiser; 2nd June 2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

yeh its funny how they are all saying that we are premiership contenders, yet at the start of the season all of them were saying we are going to take a slide down the ladder this year. Oh, almost forgot, idiot Schwarz tipped Richmond to beat us(again), does he ever tip the swans? and if not, what did we ever do to him for him to hate us so much.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    yeh its funny how they are all saying that we are premiership contenders, yet at the start of the season all of them were saying we are going to take a slide down the ladder this year. Oh, almost forgot, idiot Schwarz tipped Richmond to beat us(again), does he ever tip the swans? and if not, what did we ever do to him for him to hate us so much.
    Wouldn't worry too much about Schwaz. He is the worst commentator around.

even Mike Sheahan is saying nice things - the posh chairmans lunch a few weeks back worked!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Regular in the Side
    I have noticed Schwarz's negativity (or hatred) towards us for a number of years now. He very rarely tips us and is always highly critical of our game.

I have gone as far now as refusing to listen to him at all, turning off SEN when he is on, and turning the sound down on the TV when he is providing his version of so-called special comments
    Red and white till I die

Terry Wallace rated the Sydney Swans the best team they have played this season.Richmond have challenged the big three this year, almost upsetting competition leaders Hawthorn, pushing reigning premiers Geelong and drawing with the Western Bulldogs.
    Thats a big quote by Plough.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Wouldn't worry too much about Schwaz. He is the worst commentator around.
    Ox reckoned the 2005 Grand Final was the most boring GF he has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Ox reckoned the 2005 Grand Final was the most boring GF he has ever seen.
    Hahaha...you can't get too excited about a game when you are in the TAB the whole time though can you...
    Go you mighty BLOODBOYS!

Sydney will probably win the flag if they finish top four.

But;

I hope the Bulldogs win it. Even if it means seeing Aker with another medal.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    Sydney will probably win the flag if they finish top four.

But;

I hope the Bulldogs win it. Even if it means seeing Aker with another medal.
    Guess what? We don't care what you hope.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Your spot on about Schwarz tipping against the Swans. Nearly every Wednesday when I look at the "Inside Football" tipsters, he is nearly always the one who tips against Sydney for the forthcoming game.

Yet there are two ironies to all of this. First, he is one of the leading tippsters in terms of success rate this year. Second, back in 2005 in the week leading up to the St Kilda Preliminary Final, he was I recall the only media person from Melbourne tipping a Swans Premiership. Most were tipping the Saints, followed by the Eagles, and few were tipping the Crows. Schwarz was on his own in tipping Sydney.