Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The media is starting to take notice

The media is starting to take notice

Swans are starting to get picked up on the media radar. Good article here by Rohan Connolly:

Swans: The real deal - realfooty.com.au

And a rave about the Swans from Terry Wallace here:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016140,00.html
    Last edited by cruiser; 2nd June 2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

yeh its funny how they are all saying that we are premiership contenders, yet at the start of the season all of them were saying we are going to take a slide down the ladder this year. Oh, almost forgot, idiot Schwarz tipped Richmond to beat us(again), does he ever tip the swans? and if not, what did we ever do to him for him to hate us so much.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    yeh its funny how they are all saying that we are premiership contenders, yet at the start of the season all of them were saying we are going to take a slide down the ladder this year. Oh, almost forgot, idiot Schwarz tipped Richmond to beat us(again), does he ever tip the swans? and if not, what did we ever do to him for him to hate us so much.
    Wouldn't worry too much about Schwaz. He is the worst commentator around.

even Mike Sheahan is saying nice things - the posh chairmans lunch a few weeks back worked!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Regular in the Side
    I have noticed Schwarz's negativity (or hatred) towards us for a number of years now. He very rarely tips us and is always highly critical of our game.

I have gone as far now as refusing to listen to him at all, turning off SEN when he is on, and turning the sound down on the TV when he is providing his version of so-called special comments
    Red and white till I die

Terry Wallace rated the Sydney Swans the best team they have played this season.Richmond have challenged the big three this year, almost upsetting competition leaders Hawthorn, pushing reigning premiers Geelong and drawing with the Western Bulldogs.
    Thats a big quote by Plough.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

As nice as it is that Wallace would say complimentary things about the Swans - I wouldnt take a scrap of notice of what he has to say - this is a man who has promised so much at every club he has coached at and delivered nothing to those clubs in return! i I would take more notice if it came from Bomber Thompson or Leigh Matthews at least they have coached premiership sides! Perhaps he will try and get to the Swans again after Roos departs (Wallace would be cutting Longmires grass, but I'd doubt he'd care ).
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Call me negative but I am still not convinced about the Swans. Yes they are playing well but in reality the teams we have beaten except for the Lions & NM are not really travelling well and are in the bottom part of the ladder.
    Port adelaide twice (currently placed 10th), WC (13th), Ess (14th), Rich (12th), Bris (7th), NM (8th). Once we have played Hawthorn, Adelaide and Collingwood and Bulldogs with Barry Hall and won at least 3 of those games I will believe we are a threat.

I tipped them for the flag.
    Many here tipped them outside the 8.
    Shame.......
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Bah.... I Wouldn't be putting to much stock in anything Terry Wallace said. Particularly yesterday afternoon. He's a master manipulator of the media and what's he going to say after getting smashed by Sydney??? "They're @@@@, we were worse"???

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Bah.... I Wouldn't be putting to much stock in anything Terry Wallace said. Particularly yesterday afternoon. He's a master manipulator of the media and what's he going to say after getting smashed by Sydney??? "They're @@@@, we were worse"???
    I couldn't agree more.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Wouldn't worry too much about Schwaz. He is the worst commentator around.
    Ox reckoned the 2005 Grand Final was the most boring GF he has ever seen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast