Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Fossie may come in for Bird this week

Veteran Site Admin

Sounds like Fossie may come in for Bird this week

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/new...258740595.html

Roos is trying hard not to say he will, but if he's going to change the side around, running endurance freak Fosdike is the obvious player to bring into the side, especially after his BOG performance in yesterday's early game.

Much has been written about Moore's ongoing fitness challenge but I find it inconceivable that he won't be in. He's become too important to the team so quickly.

Which leaves Jack and Bird, but I reckon Jack's speed and tagging ability (Kerr rematch - if Kerr is fit) will be even more important this week on a larger ground.

The gist of the article also suggests that this won't be the week that Davo comes back.

It definitely sounds like it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he takes Fossie and Brennan as part of the 25. The reason I mention Brennan is he played well against the Weagles at ANZ and his height could be a reason to have in the backline as they allow Tadgh and Mal to inject their run forward.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It could be refering to Davo, you never know

That said, I always feel sorry for any of the guys in the magoos that are battling for a seniors spot and get selected in the 25 for an away game but don't make the final cut.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List
    I'm in 2 minds about the horses for courses scenario thrown up by Coach Roos.

I get worried when a coach fiddles with the comradare that comes with a settled unit. It can look greedy if it's not done well.

That said, Coach Roos knows best and if there is a running weakness in the Swans midfield, then it's probably Birdy.

Also, Fossie knows WCE style well, plays the bigger grounds well and with the Eagles in such poor form, the risks are few.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

It certainly means that Luke Vogels won't be coming back!

Nor, more seriously, will Ed Barlow. Davis also unlikely. You'd have to say Fossie is a near-certainty. Despite all of the 'horses for courses' hype, two changes are the maximum, and one far more likely. The existing horse is going alright.

Huge danger game (seriously), but we just need to stick with what we've been doing-- if we beat the Weagles at getting the hard footy, we should win the game. I can't see their forward line 'doing a Bulldogs' and beating us with less footy and fewer forward 50 entries.

Every week, as the bottom 6 fail badly (and none of them play each other again this week-- punter's dream, bookie's nightmare), the number of wins required to get into the top 4 (and for that matter, even the top 8) keeps getting bid higher and higher. At this stage, you'd probably bet against 14-7-1 doing it for us. (Goddamn that high percentage, and no-one but the Roos to use it on!) We really need to be at 7-3-1 at the halfway mark, to give ourselves a realistic shot at making 15-6-1.

Bird actually did quite well against Richmond (IIRC 17 touches is his best yet, and he got two goals), but I suppose an overall perspective makes him the most likely to go. Would be good to see Fozzie back.

i like the amount of youth in the current size but bird going back to dominate the twos could be good for him.

But would dropping him help him?? he hasnt really done anything wrong, isnt comming off a bad game or anything

i think we go unchanged

or bring davis back
    Theres not much left to say

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Davis in.....

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Goddamn that high percentage, and no-one but the Roos to use it on!
    What about the Bulldogs ?

Not expecting them to figure ?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Davis in.....
    to the midfield for the game against Belconnen.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would rest Malceski and let him deliver 1000 bullets to Davo in Canberra and get his eye in - he would be a good swap for Fossie IMO.
    I know I need to make myself available for Swantastic to fit me up for some concrete boots.

It may be a danger game for Mal as Subiaco is always such an endurance test- perhaps it wouldnt be a bad thing to leave him out. However if it was me while we are winning and playing well, why change things unless you have players in the reserves absolutely banging the door down to get back in the 1sts team and from what I have read that hasnt been the case for most of the season for Fossie (Except Sunday by the sounds of it.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast