Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 11 Teams: v West Coast

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Rnd 11 Teams: v West Coast

Subiaco, 5.40pm AWST
    SYDNEY SWANSWest Coast Eagles
    B: Nick Malceski, Leo Barry, Martin MattnerB: Beau Wilkes, Darren Glass, Brett Jones
    HB: Craig Bolton, Ted Richards, Kieren JackHF: Tyson Stenglein, Adam Hunter, Andrew Embley
    C: Jarrad McVeigh, Brett Kirk, Amon BuchananC: Michael Braun, Daniel Kerr, Adam Selwood
    HF: Ryan O?Keefe, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Jarrad MooreHF: Sam Butler, Brent Staker, Chad Fletcher
    F: Paul Bevan, Michael O?Loughlin, Peter EverittF: David Wirrpanda, Quinten Lynch, Jaymie Graham
    Foll: Darren Jolly, Adam Goodes, Jude BoltonFoll: Dean Cox, Matt Priddis, Chris Masten
    I/C: Luke Ablett, Ed Barlow, Tadhg Kennelly, Henry PlayfairI/C: Ryan Davis, Tim Houlihan, Mark Nicoski, Mark Seaby
    EMG: Craig Bird, Luke Brennan, Nick SmithEMG: Steven Armstrong, Ben McKinley, Mark LeCras

In: BarlowIn: Hunter, Butler, Graham, Masten, Seaby, Davis, Nicoski
    Out: Craig BirdOut: Brad Ebert (ankle), Will Schofield (thigh), Josh Kennedy (knee), Matt Rosa (ankle), Beau Waters (susp), Steven Armstrong, Ben McKinley

Field umpires: Donlon, Kennedy, Head
    Last edited by ScottH; 5th June 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Fair change.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Can't believe they dropped McKinley. Especially with Kennedy injured.

Another spot on move by Roos, rotating the youngsters and bringing in one of our top endurance athletes for the game at Subi.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Veteran Site Admin
    It probably makes sense in a "horses for courses" sense but based on the relative performances of the two last weekend, Barlow can consider himself a little fortunate.

Far out, seven changes for the weagles.

Graham is a spud, Butler is returning from an extended injury stint, Davis is playing his 3rd game, Seaby has been kicking cheap goals in the WAFL, Nicoski hasn't hit a target for 2 years, Masten would get blown away by a strong breeze and Hunter is ugly.

I like our chances.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Can't believe they dropped McKinley. Especially with Kennedy injured.
    McKinley was the only avenue to goal for them. I havent watched him closely enough so I can only assume his defensive efforts have been poor and we all know defensive pressure in the forward 50 is in vogue.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It probably makes sense in a "horses for courses" sense but based on the relative performances of the two last weekend, Barlow can consider himself a little fortunate.
    A little fortunate?

Understatement Liz, understatement.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

good to see the cheese back...gotta love his athleticism and ability to take the opposition on. Unlucky for bird really as I think he probably had his best game against the tiges. Although he probably doesn't quite have the endurance for a big ground like subi. This was a relatively easy decision. Next week shall be very hard indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Far out, seven changes for the weagles.

Graham is a spud, Butler is returning from an extended injury stint, Davis is playing his 3rd game, Seaby has been kicking cheap goals in the WAFL, Nicoski hasn't hit a target for 2 years, Masten would get blown away by a strong breeze and Hunter is ugly.

I like our chances.
    I also like our chances, but I hope that dickhead Hunter doesn't take any pack marks inside their forward 50.

I'll be interested to see how good (or bad) the umpiring will be considering the absence of McLaren.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Hunter was still expected to be another couple of weeks away, expect to him to drop out for McKinley who I can't beleive they dropped.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Thumbs up

Always hard making changes to a winning team.

Though great to see Barlow in for Bird.
    Fantastic to see we can go to another kid and still have some experienced
    cattle still running around in the magoos.
    To think the Finger played 10 in a row from the get go is a bonus and something alot of us wouldnt of expected included those at the helm.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast