Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: leo must go

He just needs to increase his awareness.

He needs to realise that you can't just get the footy and jog with it, you actually have to run otherwise you will get caught as many times as he did last night.

The run from defence is the only way to win a game of footy.
    If a team cant "break the lines" then the forward line has no chance.
    I see it as the swans greatest asset over the rest of this season.
    Ask BBB who must love the look of that run openning up the space.

I think the whole team will be stranger with the run and BBB back to be the forward focus.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    He just needs to increase his awareness.

He needs to realise that you can't just get the footy and jog with it, you actually have to run otherwise you will get caught as many times as he did last night.
    leo wouldn't understand what awareness meant.
    he needs a chaperone to find the toilet.
    replies to other comments.
    we already have plenty of running defenders,richards and bolton do their fair share.
    either of them could hold fullback until faulks or white are ready,with bbh coming back,playfair will be looking for a postion,maybe chb and shuffle the deckchairs in defence.
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Leo has been great this year. Sure, not the player he once was, but has still been in our top 10 players this year, I reckon. People criticise him because he often runs himself into trouble, but 9 times out of 10 he runs himself back out of trouble. He might take a slightly longer route than Kennelly, Malceski or Mattner, but he gets there in the end. And he has been much better defensively this year than last.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

we have won 4 in a row.

Yeah lets drop one of the captains. That will do wonders for team moral.

I love the balance of our team at the moment, and some of the unpopular decisions made by Roos and co in the past have really worked out.

If match selections were made by popular vote there would have been no LRT in the 05 grand final, Bevan would be following a different career path, McVeigh might be at Essendon, J Bolton would be retired etc. People even want Mickey O dropped from time to time!!

Genius to keep playing LRT and Bevan and fill them with confidence. Same with Super Ted, Jolly etc.

To be critical - I didn't agree with Grundy's treatment in 2007 - in and out of the team, in different positions, he didn't develop. Whether that is entirely on his shoulders I don't know, but I like promising players to be given a go.

I don't agree with Schmidt being dropped in the latter part of 07, also I wish he had played last night rather than Barlow.

I hope Bird is back this week and the rest was only because he is young and to keep him on the paddock for the rest of the year, as I would hate it if his confidence was dented by being dropped.

I must admit I find it hard to watch when Leo Gets the ball these days.You never know what he is going to do.I suppose he gets the ball so that's a positive I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    how long can we suffer leo's brain fades and the number of obvious free kicks he gives away,every one is a scoring chance for the oppostion.

the young ones are coming thru the system.

time for leo to join mathews and davis at the canberra retirement village.
    You must be joking? Yeah he cocked up a few things, but he is still a damn good defender that is an important part of our team.

Most full backs give away a couple of frees a game. Considering Leo is massively smaller then most of them, he is going pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    ...coming back,playfair will be looking for a postion,maybe chb and shuffle the deckchairs in defence.
    Just read this post with someone calling for Leo to be dropped - very amusing.
    The confused face at the end says it all.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Veterans List
    At least Leo gave some of his frees away up around the wing last week.

Leo is a predictable beast. He tends to play better footy in the second half of the season and if the 3 running half backs stay on the ground he will be less conspiciuos and less work to do.

By the way when was the last time he kicked out on a regular basis. It's one of those things most supporters miss.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    we have won 4 in a row.

Yeah lets drop one of the captains. That will do wonders for team moral.

I love the balance of our team at the moment, and some of the unpopular decisions made by Roos and co in the past have really worked out.

If match selections were made by popular vote there would have been no LRT in the 05 grand final, Bevan would be following a different career path, McVeigh might be at Essendon, J Bolton would be retired etc. People even want Mickey O dropped from time to time!!
    Genius to keep playing LRT and Bevan and fill them with confidence. Same with Super Ted, Jolly etc.

To be critical - I didn't agree with Grundy's treatment in 2007 - in and out of the team, in different positions, he didn't develop. Whether that is entirely on his shoulders I don't know, but I like promising players to be given a go.

I don't agree with Schmidt being dropped in the latter part of 07, also I wish he had played last night rather than Barlow.

I hope Bird is back this week and the rest was only because he is young and to keep him on the paddock for the rest of the year, as I would hate it if his confidence was dented by being dropped.
    Well posted, SCGsunshine, that's for sure, the Swans selection committee have pulled off some masterstrokes these last few years, there's plenty of run and dodge in Leo's legs yet, was this thread just a gee up?

Sadly I don't think so.

It seems that a lot of supporters prefer to focus on the negative despite the positives outweighing it.

On the Rookie List
    From SCG, down the tunnel and across the bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    People criticise him because he often runs himself into trouble, but 9 times out of 10 he runs himself back out of trouble.
    I agreed completely. He is a vital part of our back 6.
    I am as old as the sum of my disappointments and as young as those naughty thoughts in my mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast