Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: leo must go

Warming the Bench

Unhappy leo must go

how long can we suffer leo's brain fades and the number of obvious free kicks he gives away,every one is a scoring chance for the oppostion.

the young ones are coming thru the system.

time for leo to join mathews and davis at the canberra retirement village.
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

I do not agree. Sure he gets caught out a bit but he still creates a lot of run and is an important part of the running defence we seem to need to play well. he does the unexpected from time to time to great advantage. A vital part of our back 6 IMHO.

The swans play better when they run the ball with a chain of handballs out of defence and you need running types to do that.

Plus he won us a flag and still has some brownie points to go as yet!!!! Go Leo.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    how long can we suffer leo's brain fades and the number of obvious free kicks he gives away,every one is a scoring chance for the oppostion.

the young ones are coming thru the system.

time for leo to join mathews and davis at the canberra retirement village.
    Which young ones would these be that could fill his role?

You have to be kidding. Still one of the best fullbacks around! Sure last night wasn't his best, but lets not have too short a memory. Has played a few very very good games this year!

On the Rookie List
    Totally disagree. Leo has hardly given away many free kicks this year and besides Bradshaw and Ebert, has not had many goals kicked on him. Thought he was okay last night - did some really good spoils. Lynch did not kick a goal on him. Leo Seemed to keep up with him. He did have one holding the ball and one kick that went out of bounds on the full but at that stage, a majority of the Swans were fumbling or making errors. Overall think he was ok last night.

we still have the stingiest defence and he is part of it , so somewhere he or they must be doing a lot of things right, yes he is 31 and not the player he was, but he d still hold a place in any of the other sides in the comp. leaping stays.

On the Rookie List
    Sfan - I can't understand how you can pick out one player last night and say they must go because he turns the ball over. Skills were poor last night - that type of game and the midfielders were not helping our defenders much in the first half. Malceski was so good last night but I think he turned the ball over numerous times. It does happen - you take the good with the bad. O'Keefe - great player, can;t kick goals - should we get rid of him too?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Sfan - I can't understand how you can pick out one player last night and say they must go because he turns the ball over. Skills were poor last night - that type of game and the midfielders were not helping our defenders much in the first half. Malceski was so good last night but I think he turned the ball over numerous times. It does happen - you take the good with the bad. O'Keefe - great player, can;t kick goals - should we get rid of him too?
    It was gazza not sfan, who raised the issue.

As much as we "love" Barry, you must admit that we cringe every time he attempts one of his "slaloms" to create a run out of defence. I like that, the only problem is that he's getting too old to escape the younger players so he should resort to other options (like kicking long) instead of attempting to outrun them.

Blog Entries
    I still think that Leo is one of our better players.

Regular in the Side
    Who would you replace him with? Genuine question. I hope the Swans have a succession plan in place as this may well be his last year.

anyone should go because of POOR decision making and skill errors look no further than LRT..imo he's the scariest guy out there..

I think he is defending ok (Though struggling at times against some of the bigger names in the comp!) but I wish he would stop trying to run it out of defence at probably 1 time out of every 2 he ends up running into big trouble. Especially now with Mal, Kennelly and Mattner all playing together there shouldnt be too much need for him to run it out himself. He is past his best no doubt but at the moment still has enough to offer to be in our best team.

What's wrong with 4 rather than 3 running out of defence?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast