Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reserves Report - 14 June

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Davis was mixed, playing mostly in the forward line. His pressure skills were generally good but he did seem to let up a bit in the third quarter.
    When you're 7 goals up in a second-rate competition it's probably not surprising.

Did Schmidt play?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Schmidt played...didn't star at all.

I'm not a great fan, but Brabazon clearly best for mine.

I reckon a few are being kind to Davis. I saw a lot of old habits unfortunately. All game as well, not just when we had it sewn up.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Yeah, Schmidt played and was good without being outstanding. In the onball division, I thought Fosdike had the better game.

I'm expecting ORB will bring us one of his superb full match reports later today or early tomorrow and he'll provide the full run down, as he always does.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Surely Davis will come in for Playfair sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, I like Henry and he did his job when Hall was out, but his kicking is ordinary, and he didn't seem to chase all that much last night either. Davo's done his penance!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Schmidt played...didn't star at all.

I'm not a great fan, but Brabazon clearly best for mine.

I reckon a few are being kind to Davis. I saw a lot of old habits unfortunately. All game as well, not just when we had it sewn up.
    Was in the best last week as well
    cheers

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback. It is really exciting to know that there are 9 players not in the team tonight who could slot in if required (Barlow, Davis, Everitt, Fosdike, Brennan, Mathews, Schmidt, Smith, White) and a couple of rapid improvers (Currie, Faulks, O'Dwyer)

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Surely Davis will come in for Playfair sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, I like Henry and he did his job when Hall was out, but his kicking is ordinary, and he didn't seem to chase all that much last night either. Davo's done his penance!
    wouldnt put your hard earned on that happening.

Davis will struggle to get in while roosy is coaching from the bench, they would have to talk
    Theres not much left to say

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    wouldnt put your hard earned on that happening.

Davis will struggle to get in while roosy is coaching from the bench, they would have to talk

True. Was probably more in hope, than anything. I don't think anyone could deny he's a good player, but as with Schneider, it's looking like the team has moved on to the point that they don't really need him! Though I still reckon there's a spot there for Roosy's favourite little boy ( ) if he wants it.

I was watching the seniors game again today and in the second quarter J Bolton missed a mark, made a weak attempt to tackle and then didn't chase which nearly led to a Saints goal. No comment was made. Yet if Davis did anything even remotely similar there would be a hundred posts about how weak he is. I'm not suggesting that J Bolton doesn't work harder than Davis, but certainly perception does make a difference even if not entirely accurate.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Sorry, a bit slow this week. I just submitted the report, should be on line soon.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Warming the Bench
    I reckon Brother Davis will get a run in the ones again eventually this season, just needs to get the defensive pressure up, he definitely has it in him.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Sorry, a bit slow this week. I just submitted the report, should be on line soon.
    ORB's reserves report is now up for all to read. Enjoy! I know I did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast