Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reserves Report - 14 June

Veterans List

Reserves Report - 14 June

P46 has travelled up for the game and has given me some brief details on the 2's to half time.

Will update as I can.

Davo has 4 goals to half time, Brennan is getting plenty of it but turning it over. Says he is making the right decisions but poor kicking.

6 goals up at half time.

Veterans List
    3rd Q Davo misses 2 easy ones and P46 says it is amazing how much time Mathews has to do his stuff at this level.

Very boring footy in this Q.

Veterans List
    11.13 to 4.6 at 3q time. Grundy kicking is shocking.

Thanks for these little snippets..Excellent for an addict like myself.

Now, of course, I want to know more!!!!!!! Gimme, Gimme, gimme more Swans stuff NOW.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Veterans List
    Final score - 15.13 to Ainslie 6.9

Davo kicked 5 and in his best. Grundy and Smith in best.
    White played back and did OK given how little play went down there.
    Surprised how skinny Faulks is.
    Reckons Orreal looks a chance but a few years away.
    Fossie and Schmidt found plenty of the ball.

Blog Entries
    Great work Nico, thanks to p46.

Blog Entries
    15.13-103 SYDNEY SWANS 3:50 PM
    Sat 14/Jun

SCG
    def.
    6.9-45 AINSLIE FOOTBALL CLUB
    SYDNEY SWANS
    Goal Kickers: N. DAVIS 5, D. Terlich 2, H. GRUNDY 2, N. SMITH 2, A. BRUCE, J. Orreal, Z. Manly, T. SCHMIDT
    Best Players: N. FOSDIKE, B. MATHEWS, R. BRABAZON, P. FAULKS, D. Currie, M. O''DWYER
    AINSLIE FOOTBALL CLUB
    Goal Kickers: B. HUGHES, W. NEELY, A. BOURKE, J. WILSON, J. HOLMES, R. TUOHEY
    Best Players: B. MONTAGUE, W. NEELY, A. BOURKE, M. CROOK, J. WILSON, E. Stone

Match Results

Who was playing on Montague?

Veteran Site Admin
    Very solid performance by the ressies this afternoon. Always in control and the scoreboard probably doesn't do justice to them. Fosdike was my best - won heaps of the ball and ran himself to a standstill. But most of the listed Swans should be satisfied with their afternoon's work. It was hard to shine in defence, but White and Murphy did all that could be asked of them. Faulks was a bit non-descript.

O'Dwyer continued to show incremental improvement - I thought he worked much harder than the game a fortnight ago.

Davis was mixed, playing mostly in the forward line. His pressure skills were generally good but he did seem to let up a bit in the third quarter. His kicking for goal was very pleasing to the eye. He looked like he was getting a bit of treatment from the Saints, especially in the first quarter, and got into a bit of a stoush at one point.

I didn't think Reg had that good a game. He dropped a few marks he'd normally gobble and his field kicking was a little off. But couldn't fault him for work rate. He looks like he's taken his fitness level up a notch from last year.

Currie's performance was also encouraging. He just moves like he believes he's a tall midfielder, rather than "just" a ruckman. Didn't dominate around the ground but is going to be a good player for us in a year or two.

Brabazon had one of his better games. Still butchered easy ball but was getting a lot of the ball right from the start (rather than just late in the game when others have tired).

As usual, some of the top-ups played good games. RBN looks pretty promising. He's still skinny as but has good hands, is a decent kick, and took one very courageous mark in traffic. Sam Brassingham, who played with them for most of last year and often seemed to struggle, looks to have improved heaps. Not sure he has "AFL" written all over him but played a good game nonetheless. I didn't catch a list of names so I am not sure who the others were, but no 52 had a nice turn of pace.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Any comments on Cheese and Smith?

Veteran Site Admin
    Smith - pretty good. Always uses the ball well.

Barlow - first few minutes were pretty ordinary, looked a bit lacksidasical in a few contests. Then got much better, worked quite hard to present and found space through the middle. Still not the most intense game in terms of tackling / chasing but decent enough. Kicking for goal unchacteristically off. Didn't have any easy ones but sent one attempt way OOBOTF.

Don't think he played at all in the second half. He wasn't named as an emergency so not sure if he was being "rested". Or maybe he injured himself? Anyone else know? The two named emergencies in Smith and Brennan (obviously with the other, Bird, not playing at all) seemed to play all game so maybe he was elevated to emergency and was being held in reserve for the second half.

No mention of Schmidt??
    cheers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast