Thread: ROK on MMM today (Sunday)

ROK on MMM today (Sunday)

Whilst being interviewed on MMM before todays match ROK was asked his opinion on Nick Davis and his future.The commentators were quite surprised when Ryan would not commit on whether Davis would return to the seniors.He stated that we have a stable team and the role of the forwards included defensive play ie tackling which Davis has trouble with.He did state that Nick had kicked 5 goals in the ressies yesterday.BT,JD and Schwatter were very surprised at ROK's response which had little encouragement for Davis.

I think Davis might be finished. Personally I think he deserves another chance or two, because he's got so much talent and really wasn't that bad before he was dropped.

Bevan & McVeigh have been great this year, but they had many a crap game before finding the form they're in, yet they never seemed to get the treatment that Davis is getting. You could also add Bolton and LRT to that list.

Seems very unfair.

He's done
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

It's not surprising that ROK would not commit either way on Davis.
    Hard to justify the "stable" team comment too with the inclusion of Barlow last week.
    It is surprising that Davis doesn't get the chances others do.
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 15th June 2008 at 06:39 PM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Davis does deserve another chance... But seriously, his biggest problem is who makes way for him???? On form, you couldn't really drop anyone. B1 might of been an option but considering how hes playing, ain't going to happen. I seriously don't know who would make way for him.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Davis does deserve another chance... But seriously, his biggest problem is who makes way for him???? On form, you couldn't really drop anyone. B1 might of been an option but considering how hes playing, ain't going to happen. I seriously don't know who would make way for him.
    playfair perhaps? he tries hard but he cant even play, im not sure how roos can have him in the side ahead of nick. All he has that nick doesnt is height and id say davis is a better mark over head anyway
    Theres not much left to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Without having actually heard what Ryan said that account doesn't really suggest much either way, it's very much just rolling out the party line and the Swans have shown they are keen for their players to do that.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time