Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes 1 week

I suspect the MRP thought that they had been relatively lenient on him in the past and he hadn't learnt his lesson. This was something they'd probably leave alone normally, but given his past decided to proceed.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Hmm, wonder if that'll cost us the Pies game.
    Nah ... if we're comparing how they played against them the last time we played.

We'll be right.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The charge seems entirely consistent with previous reprimands handed out to Goodes and Buddy last week.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i think its about time really

few good things

a/ will shut up other teams supporters about this protected species crap

b/ will teach goodes a lesson stop putting urself in this position
    Yeah...it was pretty soft, but when I saw it I thought "Hmm, that's a silly thing to do after the Selwood thing". The last 2 incidents together are probably worth a week anyway just for carelessness. I'm not really sure whether I'm surprised or not that he's been cited. Like Swantastic said there didn't appear to be much in it but that's the way the AFL appears to be going. Oh well.

If he gets the week, my 'gut feel' that we would lose to the 'Pies and beat the Hawks (we have a good record against them) is looking increasingly likely. The Rd 21 game last year in particular, Goodes pretty much was the only one keeping us in the game.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    As I said elsewhere...I'd risk challenging it, and the possibility of copping a 2 match suspension. I think that we'll struggle against the Pies anyway, so no loss; they have the wood on us, so Im not expecting us to win that one. As for the Dorks, I think we will stack up well without him...seems we beat them pretty comfortable last time We wont miss Goodsie. Maybe a couple of weeks watching from the grandstand will get him to moderate how he plays...go for the ball, not the player...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Quote Originally Posted by timthefish View Post
    sorry, but is your carping sarcasm directed at me or some part of the AFL?
    Your argument mainly
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Are you for real,what Goodes did was nothing like what Hall did at all.

Hall deservered to go,Goodsey doesnt even tho he hass treadng a fine line.There was nothing in it at all.

It seems as if Eddie has been in the AFL's ear about this one.
    I am very much for real.

If anything, those who bagged Hall should be way more severe on Goodes.
    Goodes has had numerous instances of 'warning' that this kind of thing in not on as far as the AFL is concerned.
    Hall's hit was spur of the mo moment.
    goodes has hed weeks to rectify his action that seems to be infringing the rules.

So Goodes, knowing that the AFL are dark on what he is doing, continued to blatantly do it!!!!

In the end, they will BOTH have been suspended.
    Both have acted recklessly, and both should have known better.
    An infringement is an infringement.

Seems there is a line to cross here regarding suspension.
    7 weeks is the worst thing ever a player has done to a club.
    1 Week = "he's a naughty, naughty boy!"

I wonder where everyone here stands with 3 weeks, or 4.

Personally I didn't slam Hall when he was suspended and I won't slam Goodes.
    What I will say is that what Goodes did didn't even deserve to be looked at.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swan_song View Post
    As I said elsewhere...I'd risk challenging it, and the possibility of copping a 2 match suspension. I think that we'll struggle against the Pies anyway, so no loss; they have the wood on us, so Im not expecting us to win that one. As for the Dorks, I think we will stack up well without him...seems we beat them pretty comfortable last time We wont miss Goodsie. Maybe a couple of weeks watching from the grandstand will get him to moderate how he plays...go for the ball, not the player...
    I disagree. Cop the week and move on. Collingwood are ripe for the taking, and if we don't beat them this time, I doubt we will later in the year.

We can comfortably move O'Keefe into Goodes role if need be.

I am pretty confident this time against the Magpies. We are definitely have a better mix this year.

Seems silly for the MRP to offer him a week just because he's been "negligent" before. There goes the theory that each incident is looked at seperately.

Having said that, Goodes is an idiot! Most players would love the ride he has gotten, then he throws it back in their face. If we lose in a close one to the Pies, I'll be blaming him.

Damn, I was hoping he'd skip it from the other angle but that Telegraph pic looks like it sealed the deal. I can't be bothered looking, who are we playing the week after the Magpies?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Well, his own fault that he will miss our biggest home match of the year.
    No, that's on 16 August.

Will this clear all his points?
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I don't think he pushed it.
    Simply protecting himself as he ran through a pack of players.
    Wasn't off the ball.
    Did no damage - if he even made contact.
    It's rubbish.
    More like the AFL offering Goodes up for all those begging for blood.
    I tend to agree. This is the MRP going over the top. This was not even a featured incident at the time, nor after the game. Was it a free kick?

Goodes is a player that likes to keeps his feet, the ball was at hip level and he was doing nothing more than looking to hit the ball at speed, not Bartram. Bartram throws his head at the oncoming Goodes and player Goodes gets levelled with negligence.

If Bartram threw himself in front of an oncoming car in civilian life, a coroner would dismiss all changes of negligence against the driver.

This one is worth challenging.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast