Thread: Kirks Brownlow stock rising

Blog Entries

Kirks Brownlow stock rising

Source

Brett Kirk may be on the downside of 31 and his role and the way he plays the game should make his body feel a lot older at times, but Sydney's co-captain continues to amaze with his performances each week, and, with leading Brownlow candidates such as Goodes, and Hawks Lance Franklin and Sam Mitchell all ineligible because of suspensions, Kirk's stocks must surely rise.

Pfffft.....he's going for 2nd. Gablett all the way.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Pfffft.....he's going for 2nd. Gablett all the way.
    I heard yesterday that Gazza could all ready have 20 odd votes and if thats true he's a shoe in,but only time will tell.

If there are odds on Kirky finishing 2nd then i would put a decent bet on him,even though ROK would be taking a lot of votes off him.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

I reckon he aint a hope for winning it cause Ablett has it all wrapped up as he is the best player in the comp but the umpires love him too- just look at the free kick count for him for the season. Kirky I reckon is worth an each way bet- Im guessing they are paying 1/4 of the odds for a place which makes it about $4 the place, not bad odds at all imo.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I reckon he aint a hope for winning it cause Ablett has it all wrapped up as he is the best player in the comp but the umpires love him too- just look at the free kick count for him for the season. Kirky I reckon is worth an each way bet- Im guessing they are paying 1/4 of the odds for a place which makes it about $4 the place, not bad odds at all imo.

I got $7.25 the place a few weeks ago. Thought it was a very worthwhile punt as he does attract votes. Gives me an interest on Brownlow night.

The problem with Brownlow betting is the high likelihood of dead-heats

Say Ablett wins on 30 votes
    Say Boomer Harvey and Simon Black tie for 2nd on 23 votes
    And Kirk is next with 22 votes

You would not win a place bet as my understanding is that it only pays on the first 3 players. The dividends for 2nd and third would be split across the two 2nd place getters

If Ablett wins
    Harvey is second on 23
    Black and Kirk tie for third on 22

Your place bet would be effectively halved
    Red and white till I die

Veterans List
    OK, maybe Brownlow's a long shot, but if there were justice, he'd have great claims to Captn of the All Australian team. Of the people that are actually captain of their club team I'd reckon only Mitchell, Black and perhaps Pavlich & Harley are strong AA chances and I think it could be argued Kirk is the better leader of that group.

However, I've never quite understood how they choose the AA captain so it will probably be Cox or some other random choice.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I backed him last year at about $20 and he didn't get a kick for six weeks so I'm staying well away.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

GAblett could stop playing now and he would still win it.