Thread: Vale Doug Scholz

Pushing for Selection

Vale Doug Scholz

A great man, much loved by all who new him, played with or learnt from him.

Passed away thursday

He was an important member of a number of clubs in Sydney. He was also a talented teacher and played an important role in PDHPE in NSW

The football world has lost a giant, wonderful charachter

much sympathy to his family

A very sad day for everybody ....

www.eastcoasteagles.com.au will keep adding updates as they come to hand re further information and funeral arrangements.

Peter

Very sad news to wake up to, i had the pleasure of playing footy at Baulko with Doug in the mid 90s when i was a pup, and now have played a few games with his son Matt this year through our alliance with East Coast..
    Only spoke to Doug a few weeks ago at Gwawley when he came to watch Matt play for the Jets, seemed in great health, which goes to show, life is short, live every day..I am shocked.
    The Jets will also pay their respects in tomorrow's game vs Holroyd with black armbands, a small tribute to a great man.
    Sydney Footy will never be the same, Vale Doug Scholz.

Buddy
    Dreadfully sad day.

A terrific bloke who will be sadly missed.

www.eastcoasteagles.com.au now carries an on-line message and sympathy book for the Scholz family.

You will find the links within the lead story.
    Last edited by Oscar; 4th July 2008 at 01:19 PM.

aka Mr Taxman
    A very sad day indeed. One of the better tap ruckmen that I played against ... and a competitor that I really enjoyed having a beer and chat with afterwards. We are all poorer today.

I really feel for his family as they would be absolutely devastated with this terrible news. My deepest condolesences.

In the last few years, I have learnt alot about the impact of heart disease on Australians and whilst the numbers are declining through the hard work of organisations such as the National Heart Foundation, we still have to wake up to sad news like this.

An all round good bloke. They say the good die young ... I guess the big man upstairs needed an angel to look down on us.

May he rest in peace.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Sydney football has lost a very good man in Doug. He gave a lot to both Junior and Senior footy in Sydney and he will be a big loss to all those who came into contact with him. A gentle giant who had a fantastic manner about him as well as an extremely good football brain. Our thoughts are with his family.
    The only All Australian captain charged with glassing

Almost Football Legend
    Doug was one of the original commentators when Sydney AFL was first televised in 2003. My memories of him were of his commentary - he was very knowledgable and passionate about Sydney footy and that came out in his broadcasting work.
    He will be missed around Sydney football. Sympathies to his family and friends.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    This comes as a major shock.
    I only met Doug and Matty last year at Champion Data and I'm in disbelief.
    I wasn't aware of just how much he had done and how prominent he had been in Sydney footy in the past 20-30 years until reading about him today, and it's obvious that we have lost a legend of the game up here.

My thoughts and best wishes, and I'm sure those of everyone at Champion Data as well, go out to Matty and his family at this terrible time.

Brendan Rhodes
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

aka Mr Taxman
    Alot of you would know that I ran the New York marathon last year to raise over $250k in funds for the National Heart Foundation. If Doug's sad passing inspires you to run it yourself, let me know I can try & organise a spot for you.

For those that don't want to but still want to try & make a difference then please consider supporting my friend Christine O'Hara's efforts who is running it this year for the Heart Foundation.
    http://www.everydayhero.com.au/Christine_OHara
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations