Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Currie + Jesse White >>>>>>>> Peter Everitt

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    He looks like a frail old man and moves slower than my Grandfather, and he's dead.
    But how's grand dad rate on hit outs to advantage?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Probably better than Everitt.

Everitt has to go. There really shouldn't be any question about it IMO. He gives us practically nothing around the ground.

exposed on the bigger ground, but let's give him a chance to string a few games together and see how he goes

doubt we'll see him in 09 though
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i

in the so called attempted comeback i thought spida showed he is still one of the best tap ruckman in the comp.

We dont have a gameplan that leads to the ruckman racking up the big stats.

He went forward for a little while but when was the ball there? He was not too bad last night
    Jolly's had 35 possessions in the last two games. If we wanted a player who could contribute solely as a tap ruckman, we could have kept Mott. Besides, it's not as if we have a class midfield that can rove cleanly to him. Look at how Fremantle get carved up despite having the most dominant tap ruckman - even if he wins, the opposition just rove to him.

If Everitt can only contribute in that small way, it's time to look to the future.

Everitt as ruck coach. He is too experienced, too talented, and simply too much of a Swans cult figure (even in just 1 1/2 seasons) to just drop, but he is too old to contribute what we all know he has been capable of in the past.

Having said that, I'm going to back the coaches' decision in regards to WHEN this transition happens. They are in the best position, and with every major decision of theirs I've ever truly questioned, they've been proven right and I've been proven wrong. I'm just going to stick by Roos and hope for the best.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List

Everitt.

Was at the game on Saturday night and Everitt looked really slow and cumbersome. He actually gave up the chase at one stage in the forward pocket (Collingwood cheer squad end). It was pretty ugly to watch.

His tap outs were exceptional but is that really enough to carry him whilst he is obviously unfit??? A short stint in the reserves (playing most of the match) may have done him and the Swans some good.

I think he can still offer something but just needs that fitness base.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that Spida has run his race at the Swans and it is now time to put him out to pasture.

White and Currie have shown alot in the ruck at reserves level and one can only think that they would add alot more than Spida at seniors.

Thoughts?
    unfortunately White has hard hands and drops too many marks to be a good player IMHO. I watched hims play in CAnberra the other week and he was awful.

Everitt's legs look horrible. They are so thin. No wonder he can't run or jump.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    geez he looked alot worse this week than last week. He is a huge liability

If things go really down hill from here on in, it's probably best for spida to retire earlier than the end of the year.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

He simply HAS TO GO.

No question about it.

You get the feeling that Roosy is playing him on reputation.

We need to try either LRT, Currie or White next week as the 2nd ruckman.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Wouldn't be a bad time to bring in Currie, as he would be up against Kreuzer most of the time.

its time for currie or white, dont care which one but i think the time is now esp against carlton who dont have the best ruck combination, all that happens is we get fooled again into thinking all is well when we do play decent sides with good ruck combinations we get found out

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast