Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Leo Barry Retirement Thread

Robert Walls has some interesting things to say in The Age:

Bad news for Sydney was the form of its veterans. Full-back Leo Barry is slowing down and the speed and efficiency of the Collingwood tackling saw him repeatedly turn the ball over. "Spida" Everitt looks slow, old and skinny. His legs look like matchsticks and he struggled to kick with any power and penetration. At 34, "Spida" looks shot. What was also bad for the Swans was the good coaching of Mick Malthouse. His boys controlled the tempo of the game with precise foot passing to teammates out in space. It was hard for the Swans to get their hands on the ball. The Collingwood forwards spread out wide to separate the Sydney defenders and Lewis Roberts-Thomson was identified as a weak link so they repeatedly played through his opponent.
    The good, the bad and the ugly - realfooty.com.au
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

You'd think LRT should be dropped as EVERY team will play through him now. Another living on nthe ghosts of the 2005 GF. One good game in three years does not make a star.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234