Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Leo Barry Retirement Thread

The Leo Barry Retirement Thread

It's time.

A great servant to the club over many years, but his game tonight shows he is past it as an AFL player.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    It's time.

A great servant to the club over many years, but his game tonight shows he is past it as an AFL player.
    This thread doesn't appear to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    This thread doesn't appear to be working.
    Wait until people watch a replay of the second quarter.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Watched the whole game - wasn't his fault.

Next week will be the test.

forward coach
    Have to agree a great champ but,what the F are you doing Leo

Sweet home Novacastria
    From watching on the couch I think it's time for him to hang up the boots. I've been thinking it for a few weeks now TBH, as his last few performances havent really been up to scratch.

I hope that he comes out next week though and has a blinder !!!

From watching at the game. Retirement!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I've never been a Leo fan even when he took that mark, I wasn't a fan, so I'll stay clear of the topic in question, but I will say one thing. He should never be allowed to give the players pep talks.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    He has been a great servant to the club and loyal his entire career, but there comes a time when you start becoming a liability in the side and sadly Leo was just that tonight (not alone there) one clanger leading directly to a Pies goal, and his decision making was slow enough so the Pies could pressure him and force a turnover through a rushed handball or kick.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Once again ahead of my time ... so now the duck and weave is beginning to wear a bit thin is it???
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    He has been a great servant to the club and loyal his entire career, but there comes a time when you start becoming a liability in the side and sadly Leo was just that tonight (not alone there) one clanger leading directly to a Pies goal, and his decision making was slow enough so the Pies could pressure him and force a turnover through a rushed handball or kick.

The clanger that led to the gift goal was at least as much Mattner's fault as Leo's. Mattner's only option was to rush it through for a behind. When he gave it to Leo, Leo had absolutely nowhere to go.

No arguments that Leo had an ordinary game tonight but the whole defence was lacking dare, dash and run. Kennelly got his hands on the ball a lot but was far from his normal self in using it. Bolton provided very little of his normal rebound. Ditto Mattner.

Fact is, most of the time our defenders had the ball there was absolutely no-one moving in the midfield. They were given no options. Credit has to go to Malthouse because he's clearly found a formula for stopping the Swans' run and, at the moment, Roos doesn't have a clue how to counter it. Certainly the Swans' skills were very ordinary, but I think even that had a lot to do with the tactical pressure that the Pies were exerting.

He definately has been a great servant to the club, been a great co-captain, but the game has changed, and i think as somebody else said, every other opposition player can read him like a book, they all know he is going to duck and weave his way through...

Surely this year will be his last... It will be sad to see him go.

Ill never forget the mark he took in the GF.. if he didnt take that.. and it spilled to the ground.. who knows what would of happened... have a think about that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast