Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captain Smirk rides again

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Is it just me, or should footballers just stick to what they do best?
    I think Kirky is pretty skillful at doing the Captain's media call. More skilled than his footy certainly. Happy for him to continue, he's clearly multi-skilled.

Blog Entries
    Too many conspiracy theorist on RWO.

My point is that, and its only my opinion, that Kirk was going on about Barry being a good person but what he did was unacceptable etc, as if he had done some abhorent thing, when it was only an air swing. HOnestly there are far more important things in the world to worry about and comment on. Im sure that Barry is remorseful enough - he doesnt need for it to be on TV every night with another member of the LG making a public comment about it. Let him have his weeks suspension and move on!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Kirk is the captain and a proven club champion. He can say whatever he likes.
    Hall was a captain too.
    A premiership captain.
    Yet he seems to have little respect, all because he seems to be going through a tough time.

That's kind of sad
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    Yes, there are more important things in the world to worry about, but I doubt Kirk was asked to comment on them. As spokesperson for the team on that particular occasion, his comments were fair and articulate. How that equates to Kirky being "perfect" is a mystery. Did anyone mention his comments about Barry Hall being a good bloke?

I heard that the person getting stuck into the team on Sat. night was C. Bolton not Brett Kirk.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Is it just me, or should footballers just stick to what they do best?
    If that was the case, no-one would ever bother taking the field in Rugby Union. Too busy with mergers and acquisitions.

(Or murders and executions depending on your pop-culture tastes)
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Totally agree - it is creating a bigger divide between the leadership group and the rest of the team and makes a mockery of the so called "bloods ethos"and the old "we stick together no matter what" its way too conditional. You would have thought that Baz had killed someone.

Dont get me wrong - I like Kirk as a player - but I find his holier than thou moral high ground crap a bit hard to take when at the end of the day ITS JUST FOOTY!!!
    Baz's swing didnt even connect and Wakelin wasnt even hurt (well maybe his ego once he saw the replay and saw how bad his attempt at acting was). Anyone would have thought on Monday that the world was going to end when it was announced. Its just footy!

So yesterday we had the Dalai Kirk give his 10 cents worth- who will be on the box today? Will it be Craig Bolton or Leo Barry???
    sheesh you're being a bit harsh there mate. He was approached by the media and had to say something. He couldn't have been more diplomatic.

LOLing at the stance some of you have taken, it's astounding.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky View Post
    sheesh you're being a bit harsh there mate. He was approached by the media and had to say something. He couldn't have been more diplomatic.

LOLing at the stance some of you have taken, it's astounding.
    "Do you feel like you've been made a bit of a scapegoat for the loss to Adelaide?"
    "Yeah, I guess."
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Hall was a captain too.
    A premiership captain.
    Yet he seems to have little respect, all because he seems to be going through a tough time.

That's kind of sad
    Having two attractive women fight over you is a tough time?

I wish I had it so tough! I'd be running around punching people too!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Yeah sister!!

It's just a game. There are more important things to worry about - like how I'm going to make a huge pot of catholic pilgrim pumpkin soup for Monday night when I'm going to Melbourne tomorrow. My mother volunteered me. Bless her little heart.
    good quote from Valentines Day

How many pilgrims do you need for that

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    "Do you feel like you've been made a bit of a scapegoat for the loss to Adelaide?"
    "Yeah, I guess."
    That reminds me of when Hillary Clinton said a while back she would nuke Iran if they attacked Israel and copped it from all and sundry. I thought at the time the interviewer must have attended the Tim Morrissey school of journalism

Interviewer: "What would you do if Iran launched a nuclear attack against Israel?"
    Hillary: "Obliterate Iran"

The most telling thing about "Brain Snap II" is that Hall didn't even believe he'd taken a swing at Wakelin. Roos actually had to tell him - in public - to have a look at the tape.

In that light, Kirk telling Hall to take responsibility for what he'd done is merely stating what has to be stated.

Not a shred of sanctimony in that; Kirk once more showing he's the true leader of the team, on and off the field.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast