Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 Teams: v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    No one opponent. So if a defender is played on three forwards during a match and they all snag one goal against him whilst he keeps them quiet he's had a shocker?
    Does that include the goal he gifted to Collingwood? I can't remember if the Magpie who kicked it after receiving a bevan handpass 10 metres out was his direct opponent.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Does that include the goal he gifted to Collingwood? I can't remember if the Magpie who kicked it after receiving a bevan handpass 10 metres out was his direct opponent.
    Wasn't that Leo Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I'd generally like to see Leo put on the opposition's least-credentialled and/or slowest forward (this week as the teams are named, that's Michael Osborne) and play as an attacking defender with license to create. Much as that pains Swans supporters who can't bear the heart-in-mouth style, good sides won't just gift Sydney run from the backlines. We have to take risks to create run.
    Could not agree more Simon.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Wasn't that Leo Barry?
    That was Leo, pretty sure Bevo gave off a handpass to a player streaming into forward 50 though.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Wasn't that Leo Barry?
    I thought Mattner gave it to Leo?

Maybe we're talking different goals!
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    That was Leo, pretty sure Bevo gave off a handpass to a player streaming into forward 50 though.
    Lol... sounds about right....

But I knew there was a LB special in there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Yes, Roos chose to move his premier defender - Bevan - onto Medhurst and then as an afterthought decided he should do something about Thomas, so moved that hack C Bolton onto him. I guess Bolton just got lucky by totally shutting Thomas out of the game - obviously Thomas was shellshocked from Bevan's treatment and was so excited that Bevan had been moved off him that he lost concentration. Meanwhile Medhurst racked up a lazy 21 possessions and kicked 2 goals.
    So Medhurst got 21 possessions in half a game? Bevans statistics don't lie. Maximum 10 possessions per game by his opponents. No more than 2 goals per game. Any small defender better was the question. All i got in response was emotive impressions. Statistics gentlemen please!
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Realistically, I think Barry will go on Williams if they don't give him the (over-dangerous) job on Roughead. However, I'd prefer to see Jack trialled on Williams (who is hot & cold and might do nothing all game) at first.
    I'd generally like to see Leo put on the opposition's least-credentialled and/or slowest forward (this week as the teams are named, that's Michael Osborne) and play as an attacking defender with license to create. Much as that pains Swans supporters who can't bear the heart-in-mouth style, good sides won't just gift Sydney run from the backlines. We have to take risks to create run.
    Absolutely - it is the best way to take advantage of his run (as bizarre as it can be) and also his ability to come over and help against the top Hawthorn forwards.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

So Medhurst got 21 possessions in half a game? Bevans statistics don't lie. Maximum 10 possessions per game by his opponents. No more than 2 goals per game. Any small defender better was the question. All i got in response was emotive impressions. Statistics gentlemen please!
    In total, for the game, Bevan's opponents had about 20 possessions and kicked 3 goals.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Realistically, I think Barry will go on Williams if they don't give him the (over-dangerous) job on Roughead. However, I'd prefer to see Jack trialled on Williams (who is hot & cold and might do nothing all game) at first.
    Just think Jack is wasted in a back pocket. We need his zip running off his opponent in the midfield. Yhe Mayblooms midfield isn't particulary quick, which is why we generally do very well against them. The more pace running off them the better.
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 11th July 2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    In total, for the game, Bevan's opponents had about 20 possessions and kicked 3 goals.
    Still searching for a stat to rival Bevos?
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Just think Jack is wasted in a back pocket. We need his zip running off his opponent in the midfield. Yhe Mayblooms midfield isn't particulary quick, which is why we generally do very well against them. The more pace running off them the better.
    Jacks Zip really isnt that consistant throughout a game. he does a couple of explosive things normally a game and everyone says wow what a great game he had(eg Vs Port the first time) but he doesnt get a heap of the footy. Shutting down an opponent is def his best attribute rather than damaging in attack.
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 11th July 2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast