Thread: AFL routs League in Blacktown

AFL routs League in Blacktown

Imagine you're the NRL and the AFL is coming at you on your home turf. Wouldn't you make sure you did absolutely....nothing?

It's unbelievable really that the mayor of Blacktown is dissing the League and singing the praises of the AFL.

Warm welcome in Blacktown - realfooty.com.au

Personally, I think it's far too early for a western Sydney team, which is surely going to be playing to empty stadiums for its first few years.

But the AFL has completely stitched up the League in Blacktown. It helps to have an $82m slush fund, but the incompetence of NRL is staggering.

If nothing else, it's great for the kids of western Sydney that they're getting new sports facilities. If the League had adult leadership, you'd expect them to reply in kind, but don't count on it.

I can see why people like Phil Gould are really p---ed off.
    Time to get brutal: we need radical change to save game - leaguehq.com.au

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I like the name Western Sydney Vampires.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Marry me Goodes View Post
    I like the name Western Sydney Vampires.
    Leaping Leo Kelly is the all time ALP hack. He'll take the money every time. They should be called the Vultures. Leo's motto is "Nothing Vultured Nothing Gained"
    Last edited by connolly; 17th July 2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: left out half post
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Leaping Leo Kelly is the all time ALP hack. He'll take the money every time. They should be called the Vultures. Leo's motto is "Nothing Vultured Nothing Gained"

I'm all for a second team, bring it on, esp while league is looking silly with major playrs defecting OS, shocking crowds, some of their games not even broadcast (wotajoke)...... and union is getting duller and duller...

SYDNEY CENTRALS AFL FOOTBALL CLUB

leave the word west out, they will get hammered for it