Thread: Swifts Grand Final ticket offer

Regular in the Side

Swifts Grand Final ticket offer

Swifts Grand Final ticket offer

Sydney Swans supporters are invited to join in the Grand Final action with access to a special ticket offer

Regular in the Side

Red face

please delete - was just trying to get to the article and clicked the wrong button

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    A Monday nite is a peculiar time for a GF. Otherwise love to take the tin lids.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

dammit we'd already bought our tickets. As swifts members we had priority access to tickets last week. Now if only they'd combined the offers and given people who are swans and swifts members priority access to cheap tickets

I can only hope that we were given that priority access to GOOD seats

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    please delete - was just trying to get to the article and clicked the wrong button
    Did the same thing myself a few days ago!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    dammit we'd already bought our tickets. As swifts members we had priority access to tickets last week. Now if only they'd combined the offers and given people who are swans and swifts members priority access to cheap tickets

I am sure you will get first choice of tickets remaining after the Swans offer ends.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

What is watching netball like live?

Is it worth going to a game?

JF
    PS:- Now that the Sydney Kings are no longer I might consider having a look at a Swifts game when they are down here.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    What is watching netball like live?

Is it worth going to a game?

JF
    PS:- Now that the Sydney Kings are no longer I might consider having a look at a Swifts game when they are down here.

Watching netball live is fantastic the game is fast, high scoring and in some instances rough as all get out. The cheering and noise is really loud (which is something that you, JF, consider important) however sadly it doesnt get the full coverage here that it really deserves. That is one thing that New Zealand has over us. They all get behind their netball team just like they do with the All Blacks - they have done for decades. Pubs over there advertise that they are televising netball tests (just like state of origins footy games for example)and the pubs are always packed to the rafters with supporteres. Its worth going to in other words.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    the game is fast, high scoring and in some instances rough as all get out.
    Agree I still maintain that the most violent, spiteful match of any sport I have ever been to was an Australia vs New Zealand netball test a few years back at the Superdome.

Jules, netball is worth looking at. Structurally, it is really not dissimilar to Aussie Rules (bear with me here) in that you generally pass, receive the ball, wait and deliver to a leading forward. In a packed house, the atmosphere is generally fantastic, though dominated by screaming pre-pubescent girls... it can be quite shrill

At the top level (Trans tasman league and internationals), the skill level is usually good, and the pace of the game is impressive.

I hope now the two clubs are affiliated, we can get some "double-headers" next season... Watch the swifts at Acer Arena or the SOP Sports Centre, then wander over to ANZ stadium for the Swans

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

I hope now the two clubs are affiliated, we can get some "double-headers" next season... Watch the swifts at Acer Arena or the SOP Sports Centre, then wander over to ANZ stadium for the Swans
    What a fantastic idea, could open up both games to a whole new range of supporters.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Structurally, it is really not dissimilar to Aussie Rules (bear with me here)

I was of the opinion that Jane Altschwagger was Saddo in disguise (or vice versa? )
    I agree with you when you say there is some similarity. Structurally it works similarly, just a smaller court with less players, different rules, different gender. Apart from that...

I think the double header would be a good thing too.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed