Thread: Geelong V Hawthorn (Spoiler included)

Living in 2005

Geelong V Hawthorn (Spoiler included)

5 minutes to go and the Hawks are 5 points down

No matter what happens in the next 5 minutes, Hawthorn have proved it isn't game over just yet in 2008.

Living in 2005
    86K also, biggest h&a crowd not involving Essendon or Collingwood according to C7.

Game Over. Take that Tassie!!!

11 point win to the Cats in an error-riddled contest without Ablett, Ling, Wojcinski, Milburn and Chapman for the 2nd half.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Living in 2005
    Horrible mistake by Hodge in the dying minutes to turn it over.

I think just goes to show anything can still happen this year though. Too many people had giftwrapped the premiership to the Cats.

It probably still is the most liklely scenario mind you but anything can happen.

Geelong were missing some of their best players though.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Fantastic pressure by Hawks all nite, shows that Cats can be vulnerable even tho missing key players. Hodge obviously felt he should have been somewhere else (in case his first baby arrived).
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Horrible mistakes by Hodge in the dying minutes last qtr to turn it over.
    Edited for accuracy.

Maybe his mind was elsewhere.

I think there is always the chance of an upset in the final outcome. For this game, Geelong often don't play well Friday night and they were missing Ablett, Ling and Milburn, and lost Chapman before half time, and still have 6 more scoring shots.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Anything is possible in a grand final, but with 5 of their top players out for the game (4 plus Chapman for half a game) i think they showed last week against the Dogs and last night against The Wees and Poos that if they stay fit,and play well, they win.
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    The Cats are still the team to beat, but from what I saw on the replay last night they are starting to develop a tendency to over-use the ball, which could bring them unstuck if they come up against a side with the ability to maintain pressure on them, but with Collingwood's inconsistency this year, the Cats are probably breathing a sigh of relief each time the 'Pies slip up in their attempts to take 4th spot off us!! The Hawks are a tough side with a lot of talented players but I just don't think they are enough of a 'team' to challenge for the flag somehow. I honestly think the Saints are the best-equipped of the remaining contenders to challenge Geelong.

You're right on the Saints bandwagon now!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Hehe, no particular reason other than a feeling I guess. I must admit I was baffled at how poor they were last year and the first half of this year. They are playing better now but I reckon we will just keep them out of the top 4.