Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Game Day Thread - Sydney V Western Bulldogs

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was pretty happy with that effort. At half time my worst fears had been realised - our squad cobbled together by Macgiver - were seriously outclassed in the midfield.

There was plenty to like with the fight back. But for our typically poor set shots we were close to pulling off the upset of the round.

I didn't have this pencilled in as a win so find it hard to be other than mildly disappointed.

Welcome back Crouchy. I hope a few players watch your tape and see that it isn't impossible to run straight up the middle.
    HELLOOOOO Veszpremi!
    McVeigh I salute you.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 4th August 2008 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think the biggest disappointments from the game, were the form of Jolly, B2 and Ted.

Jolly did good in the ruck but seemed to do little else around the ground.
    B2 made some awful mistakes.
    Ted seemed drop more marks than he took.

All 3 have had godd solid season, but I thought they were below there best.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I think the biggest disappointments from the game, were the form of Jolly, B2 and Ted.

Jolly did good in the ruck but seemed to do little else around the ground.
    B2 made some awful mistakes.
    Ted seemed drop more marks than he took.

All 3 have had godd solid season, but I thought they were below there best.
    Agree with the first two (though I think it's a bit harsh on Jolly, he absolutely dominated the taps), but I thought Teddy was great. He took 10 marks, so I doubt he dropped many, and none stand out. I thought he was one of our best.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Agree with the first two (though I think it's a bit harsh on Jolly, he absolutely dominated the taps), but I thought Teddy was great. He took 10 marks, so I doubt he dropped many, and none stand out. I thought he was one of our best.
    Have another look. I was close to giving him some votes, except for the dropped marks.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought Teddy's game was a microcosm of the Swans as a whole - plenty of heart, some flashes of brilliance, but just lacking that little bit of class / consistent skill to take advantage of the effort.

That observation can probably be applied to the Swans over a prolonged period of time but with a fair chunk of the classier players missing - Goodes, Magic and Malceski in particular - the effect was particularly pronounced.

I was realy impressed with Premi so much so that i gave him 1 vote in the TLM.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Have another look. I was close to giving him some votes, except for the dropped marks.
    They must have all been down the other end of the ground to where I was. I love Manuka from a spectator's point of view, but in some places, it's bloody tough to make out both the play at the opposite end and the screen, so quite a few times when it went down that end I was left wondering what the @@@@ was happening. The dropped marks must have occurred then.

Still, even if he dropped a few, he still took 10, a good effort.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    They must have all been down the other end of the ground to where I was. I love Manuka from a spectator's point of view, but in some places, it's bloody tough to make out both the play at the opposite end and the screen, so quite a few times when it went down that end I was left wondering what the @@@@ was happening. The dropped marks must have occurred then.

Still, even if he dropped a few, he still took 10, a good effort.
    For sure, he is an excellent mark, thus why I was disappointed at the ones he dropped.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627