Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In Need of New Game Plan

alot of you have been talking about kicking goals, if your like me you are down on your knees praying that they kick the goal. I for one am never certain a swans player is gonna kick a goal. For example Ted Richards poster in the 1st qtr I think, bout 5-10 meters in front of goal I say to myself laugh if he misses this and guess what he does. With any other team I watch I am mostly confident that when a forward has the ball he will kick the goal. Some examples include Fev and Lloyd. The fact that these guys never kick more than a few behinds has me dumbfounded when we kick scores like 6-18 against Adelaide, do the boys do kicking practice

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Mark Williams next year?
    He may be available - if Port Adelaide don't finish the season well

Although I think he's a bit old now.
    sprite

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    He may be available - if Port Adelaide don't finish the season well

Although I think he's a bit old now.
    That deserves a guffaw!!

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    In the coming weeks we play Collingwood and Geelong.It is pretty clear how Malthouse will have his blokes play and that is by hard,tough,relentless tackling.They did it against Geelong and beat them.I think we need to start woring on a similar plan and start implementing it against Freo.
    This IS our game plan in total

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    The injury toll means we're not just missing key players, and not just with new guys in the team, but also we're very unsettled. For that alone I'm loathe to blame the game plan.

Plus a lot of players are down on form and confidence: missing targets, missing goals, afraid to back themselves.

Roos' point in his post-game interview was we lack the intensity to play four quarters. Can't disagree with that -- but why?

Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans > News Article > Swans 'can't compete' at the moment
    All very valid points and no surprise that we don't play as well without some of our best players. The game plan is fine, but other coaches are onto it in abig way now. Perhaps a little refinement is necessary, but the guts of it got us a flag, why change it unless there are wholesale personnel changes and we get a Chris Judd or(perish the thought) Ben Cousins to add that speed and class to the midfield. McVeigh was great on Sunday, and I'm a fan, but CJ he aint

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123