Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team changes for Cats

Team changes for Cats

I would have the following changes this week:

In: Barry, Buchanan, Eski
    Out: Vezpremi, Brennan, Ablett

White to come in for Barry if he doesn't come through.

Vezpremi shows a bit, but still needs time in the reserves and build his fitness base. Ablett is terribly out of form and needs to get his confidence back. I still think Brennan is a weak link, can't kick and that the cats would carve him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I would have the following changes this week:

In: Barry, Buchanan, Eski
    Out: Vezpremi, Brennan, Ablett

White to come in for Barry if he doesn't come through.

Vezpremi shows a bit, but still needs time in the reserves and build his fitness base. Ablett is terribly out of form and needs to get his confidence back. I still think Brennan is a weak link, can't kick and that the cats would carve him up.
    I agree with Brennan and Ablett, but disagree on Veszpremi. I think since he has come in, our forward line has appeared more dangerous. I think he and Moore acting in tandem sharking the packs is a great combo.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Buchanan doesn't deserve to come straight back in, especially not at the expense of Veszpremi. I agree that we look far more dangerous with him in the forward line.

Apart from Barry and Malceski, Fosdike is the other possible in and it could be useful to have him against a fit and strong Cats side where a lot of running and tackling will be required.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Agree entirely about Ablett but wouldn't be dropping Veszpremi.

Leo will come back in but I'm not convinced that he's capable of improving us all that much. The defensive side of his game has been pretty ordinary this year.

I don't know about Brennan. I like his intensity but he doesn't get enough of it. He will probably go.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Agree entirely about Ablett but wouldn't be dropping Veszpremi.

Leo will come back in but I'm not convinced that he's capable of improving us all that much. The defensive side of his game has been pretty ordinary this year.

I don't know about Brennan. I like his intensity but he doesn't get enough of it. He will probably go.
    Leo gives us badly needed run out of defense even if he is having a Barry Crocker. No way should Buchanon replace Vespremi. He is a fast, smart dangerous forward. He plays an important role behind ROK and Bulldog. We are going to need zip on the ground around our two talls.
    Brennan could be an interesting move to play as a strong defensive midfielder replacing the out of form Ablett or as a ruck rover taking on the Goodse type role. This would tie Ling up and give us a strong body in the midfield.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Buchanan is easily in our best 22.

I like Vezpremi, he is definitely our future, just thought he failed to have much of an impact on Saturday night, turned the ball over a bit and looked a little lost. This will obviously change over time and I can see him being a solid player down the track.

IMO Buchanan will offer far more against a hardened side like the Cats and even the Pies the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Buchanan is easily in our best 22.
    I think you're being kind. But let's see if premiership credits have any currency at the selection table this week.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Leo gives us badly needed run out of defense even if he is having a Barry Crocker. No way should Buchanon replace Vespremi. He is a fast, smart dangerous forward. He plays an important role behind ROK and Bulldog. We are going to need zip on the ground around our two talls.
    Brennan could be an interesting move to play as a strong defensive midfielder replacing the out of form Ablett or as a ruck rover taking on the Goodse type role. This would tie Ling up and give us a strong body in the midfield.
    I agree with much of this. If Buchanan comes back in I'd like to see him playing more of an in-and-under role, where he has done well in the past, rather than go forward. Vesz is a more reliable kick and we need to give him as much matchtime as possible.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    In: Bucky Leo
    Out: Brennan, Ablett

Don't think Eski is ready yet. He didn't look good in the reserves (fitness wise).
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    In: Bucky Leo
    Out: Brennan, Ablett

Don't think Eski is ready yet. He didn't look good in the reserves (fitness wise).
    Is he limping or out of puff?
    Bevo bandwagon driver

No way should Vesper go!! He adds spark, pace, excitement, enthusiasm...the things we have been lacking. He lloks a danger up forwardm makes things happen.
    Swannies for life!

I agree with Connolly. Brennen should stay and tag Ling. He has a good leap, he's hard at it and his long kicking has excellent penetration and is more accurate than his short kicking.
    Ablett looks a bit out of sorts but did a few good things. Moore also had a bit of a dirty night. Vezpremi looks lively and should stay. Jack looks a bit sore and tired for mine, and could do with a rest. Grundy did ok, but his lack of pace and run are a worry. Spida is a worry.
    My changes;
    Everitt - out , White - in
    Jack - out , Buchanan - in
    Grundy out , Barry - in
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast