Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I a bad fan???

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Yes, bad fan.

You should have been screaming like me, even if just at the TV.

Freo deserved to have won - they snatched defeat away from the jaws....
    How pi**ed would they be?

Swans need to play constantly like they're 13 points down with 4 mins to go. Desperate.

Bad fan.
    Bad.

I learnt my lesson at the Geelong Sydney SF in 2005.
    At three quarter time I had the @@@@s badly and I wanted to go home, but my friend wouldn't let me. He wanted to stay and watch the whole game - even if we were losing.

Well, lucky he made me stay. I would have missed Davo's goals that put us into contention for the 2005 Granny.

A lesson well learnt.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
    I was watching the swans game against freemantle, they were down by 12 with 5 minutes to go. Pavlich marks and that was the time I decided to change the channel cos I couldn't take it anymore, I was swearing and yelling out that they deserve what they're getting, that they don't deserve to play finals... anyway 3 minutes later I accidentally press "back" on my foxtel remote and went back to fox 1, I couldn't believe Sydney was up by 5 points. I missed the 3 goals they kicked and I felt bad about it. i saw Bevans mark, i'm telling you guys he is going to be a gun.

Am I bad fan to change the channel that way?
    did exactly the same thing XD

if you were at the game instead of on your couch, you would have left to try to beat the traffic. So yes, that makes you a bad, fickle fan.

A disgraceful fan. You shouldn't be watching from home to start with - you should fly to every game. And if you are at home (logic optional) then you should remain watching even if your house is burning down.

Silly fan.

I missed the game because of a cold. Wifey wanted to watch Foxtel so I settled for delay on computer telly. When Freo kicked goal for lead, I made executive decision to check out final result. We won, but down by 14 at late stage. Turned back and watched last bit in full enjoyment.

Had we lost. Olympics!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I don't blame you. Being that close to losing against Fremantle is embarrassing for any team.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
    I was watching the swans game against freemantle, they were down by 12 with 5 minutes to go. Pavlich marks and that was the time I decided to change the channel cos I couldn't take it anymore, I was swearing and yelling out that they deserve what they're getting, that they don't deserve to play finals... anyway 3 minutes later I accidentally press "back" on my foxtel remote and went back to fox 1, I couldn't believe Sydney was up by 5 points. I missed the 3 goals they kicked and I felt bad about it. i saw Bevans mark, i'm telling you guys he is going to be a gun.

Am I bad fan to change the channel that way?
    Mate, I did exactly the same thing, except I could never not flick back. I switched back on just as Goodes kicked another to put us within 8. Was just really frustrating the manner in which Freo got a lot of their goals on Saturday night, a LOT of snaps and fall-behind-the-pack type goals. I don't think we played that badly, but was very frustrating.
    Go you mighty BLOODBOYS!

I have NEVER left a game early. Whether we are winning or losing by 10 goals. NEVER, EVER!
    Have we not learned with our team that it's not over til the siren sounds? Bloods Determination!
    Bad Fan, Very bad fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Bad fan.
    Bad.

I learnt my lesson at the Geelong Sydney SF in 2005.
    At three quarter time I had the @@@@s badly and I wanted to go home, but my friend wouldn't let me. He wanted to stay and watch the whole game - even if we were losing.

Well, lucky he made me stay. I would have missed Davo's goals that put us into contention for the 2005 Granny.

A lesson well learnt.
    I turned the tele off after the 3rd quarter, what a poor decision that was

On topic, not a bad fan.. I was pretty devastated after Pavlich's mark but stayed for the rest of the game
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    I don't blame you. Being that close to losing against Fremantle is embarrassing for any team.
    Indeed. Your face must be a permanent shade of red?

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    Can only imagine the humiliation at actually being beaten by them.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast