Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Media Conspiracy Theory (in Melbourne)

Talking about conspiracy theories...

Is anyone watching the 'bash the swans hour' on Foxtel? Dunstall is doing the whole "protected species" routine about our players getting off at the tribunal this week (and wasn't he the one that also kept trying to put them in during the coverage of round 22).

What annoys me is that it was directed just at the swans (who were probably a bit lucky to get all players off), when every team in the finals that had players in a bit of trouble were also let off.

Oh, and then they went on about the North Melbourne game and how we should have lost the points, etc. Give me a break!

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Typical whinging coming out of Mexico City, no doubt wanted BBBBH out for several weeks for his "punch", because of his prior record.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Talking about conspiracy theories...

Is anyone watching the 'bash the swans hour' on Foxtel? Dunstall is doing the whole "protected species" routine about our players getting off at the tribunal this week (and wasn't he the one that also kept trying to put them in during the coverage of round 22).

What annoys me is that it was directed just at the swans (who were probably a bit lucky to get all players off), when every team in the finals that had players in a bit of trouble were also let off.

Oh, and then they went on about the North Melbourne game and how we should have lost the points, etc. Give me a break!

Doesn't help when these so-called "experts" are so ill-informed. People keep bringing up Goodes' hit on Godfrey and saying he "got off". He didn't "get off". He got a reprimand. It was graded exactly the same as Charman's effort on Kirk was last Saturday - the difference being that Charman wasn't entitled to a 25% discount for a good record. And while whinging that Charman's was no worse than Goodes', Dunstall conveniently glides over the fact that the tribunal threw Charman's charge out completely.

Facts people. Let's deal in facts.

Before the Bounce was absolute crap tonight. Brownless is a buffoon and Dunstall is an arrogant dick. The show annoyed me for numerous different reasons tonight. It needs to be reviewed by Foxtel Sports and some changes made, starting with getting rid of Brownless.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Doesn't help when these so-called "experts" are so ill-informed. People keep bringing up Goodes' hit on Godfrey and saying he "got off". He didn't "get off". He got a reprimand. It was graded exactly the same as Charman's effort on Kirk was last Saturday - the difference being that Charman wasn't entitled to a 25% discount for a good record. And while whinging that Charman's was no worse than Goodes', Dunstall conveniently glides over the fact that the tribunal threw Charman's charge out completely.

Facts people. Let's deal in facts.
    This had me incensed as well. Also, Dunstall was questioning why Jude Bolton "got off" - but, as with the Goodes' hit - he didn't get off at all.

I had people saying to me after last week's game that they were sick of Dunstall going on about incidents involving Swans players but not Brisbane's. And he doesn't talk, he shouts.

Liz, your post is worthy of an email to Fox Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    I am thoroughly cheesed off! (In Melbourne)

Hardly any free-to-air Swans games.

Hardly any coverage in The Age or Herald-Sun leading up to the games. Nothing in the Hun for Saturday.

The Swans played on Saturday night. No paper in this age of internet and fantastic communications could manage to include coverage on Sunday of the match (only the score and votes). But they can manage to put in colour photos and a write up of the other games.

Monday papers - Herald Sun a piece written as though it was a backup of something that appeared on Saturday (but never did) - i.e. no proper match report. The Age - NOTHING!!

Blanket coverage though if they dwell on any of Barry's real (or imagined) misdemeanours, and include Adam Goodes here as well.

Today Tonight featuring Barry's 2nd girlfriend. Give us a break!

If they do deign to give us a report the other side is brave. We are lock down, flooding, defensive, ordinary, lucky....

Anyone else feel like me?
    Like you, I live an hour from melbourne. This means that the papers for non-metropolitan distribution on a Sunday are printed before the game has finished. It is no conspiracy, just a fact of life.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Slow news day for BTB, don't worry about it, all it means is that they are just a wee bit worried about the Swans hitting Mexico city in September again.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123