Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Bevan plays at AFL standard - let's all wet our pants

Blog Entries

Paul Bevan plays at AFL standard - let's all wet our pants

Enough is enough. I like Bevo, I always have. I would have liked to have seen him given #14. He signed by 2005 cap. The only thing I don't like about him is Connolly, and reading on here that he is the best since sliced bread. The mark he took last night was a great mark at a time when a loose ball in the Freo forward line could have meant a loss. He showed considerable courage, as he always does, but please let's not get carried away. I think his disposal has improved enormously and that he is a good footballer, and I like watching him play, but he is simply AFL stndard, doing the thing that a couple of hundred other blokes do week in and week out.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Enough is enough. I like Bevo, I always have. I would have liked to have seen him given #14. He signed by 2005 cap. The only thing I don't like about him is Connolly, and reading on here that he is the best since sliced bread. The mark he took last night was a great mark at a time when a loose ball in the Freo forward line could have meant a loss. He showed considerable courage, as he always does, but please let's not get carried away. I think his disposal has improved enormously and that he is a good footballer, and I like watching him play, but he is simply AFL stndard, doing the thing that a couple of hundred other blokes do week in and week out.
    Not good enough by a long chalk. He is an oustanding footballer because he is fearless like Kelly and as strong as Maxfield. His mark was as good as Riewoldt's of a couple of seasons ago. It is a rare courage and talent to fly into the face of pack and hold a contested mark, particularly to save a match. He has made the tackle and the mark of the year. ROK you are the first bandwagonner to be ejected off the Bevowagon. Off!!!
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Not good enough by a long chalk. He is an oustanding footballer because he is fearless like Kelly and as strong as Maxfield. His mark was as good as Riewoldt's of a couple of seasons ago. It is a rare courage and talent to fly into the face of pack and hold a contested mark, particularly to save a match. He has made the tackle and the mark of the year. ROK you are the first bandwagonner to be ejected off the Bevowagon. Off!!!
    Sounds like you want to tongue kiss him
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Sounds like you want to tongue kiss him
    He has a man crush!!
    Swannies for life!

last night is Bevan at his best, not just the mark, he seemed to have no fear and go in hard last night a hell of a lot.

He makes mistakes due to average skills, but if he plays with that courage and application you can wear errors around the ground.
    Theres not much left to say

Very true. LRT also seems to get a lot of praise when he does things that AFL defenders are supposed to do week in week out.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His disposal is greatly improved this year, although I think there is a component of learning to work within his limitations about it and in having more time to line up his disposal than he has in the past.

His play has improved a lot this year, I think it is fair to say that the improvement has been from sub-standard to AFL standard.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    I agree ROK. Banish me if you please Connolly.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    He has a man crush!!
    Nah it is just guy love Guy love.
    gees I love that show
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Stalking and manic obsession doesn't usually equate with love...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    I think the question should be;

Is he really all that good, or is he just so much better than he was last year?

Because we all know he was god awful prior to this year. Perhaps the difference is so contrasting, some of us get confused?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I agree ROK. Banish me if you please Connolly.
    Me too.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast