Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mal Michael retires again

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Well it was Mal Michael that ran into Nick Riewoldt when Riewoldt did his shoulder that night, If I remember correctly, so Saints supporters would call him a thug.

YouTube - Brisbane Lions v St. Kilda - Nick Riewoldt Incident - Part 1
    It was about half a dozen Lions players at some point - one or both of the Scott boys were involved....

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Mal started at 68Kg and went to 100kg.... thats a hell of a lot of conditioning, although you look at Voss when he started he was a skinny kid and turned into an axe.

Mal now reckons that getting heavy doesn't work in the current game....and he can't make an impact against athletes now.

I reckon this is full stop.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Gave him crap down at Port Melbourne v Bendigo a few weeks back. In fact he copped it large from a lot of people over the fence.

Serves him right, burning Brisbane by 'retiring' and having them forgive his contract and then lobbing as Essendon. A snake effort, should've been dealt with by the AFL.

That said, awesome that a Collingwood discard goes to another club and takes out 3 premiership medals from 4 attempts hehehe.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Mal Moving clubs again

Says he cant keep up with training, and his body cant cope. He wants to work on business and charity in PNG. Should we look to trade for him when he retires?
    Haha. Clever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12