Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ground advantage

ground advantage

Should we just play at the SCG and dump the olympic stadium. I think we should just train & play at the SCG and make it our skilled stadium (sh-- for teams to play us there)as it was before the Oly stadium was built.

No.

We have a responsibility to promote the game across Sydney for the greater good of the club and the code. Last year we averaged around 60,000 for the 3 games. Although slightly down this year, the crowd figures at Homebush have been good.

The current balance of 3-4 Homebush games look about right.
    Swannies for life!

Suspended by the MRP
    Play at the SCG. We have more of an advantage there. ANZ Stadium will become West Sydney's home ground soon, so SCG for the Swans. We rarely lose at the SCG.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    No.

We have a responsibility to promote the game across Sydney for the greater good of the club and the code. Last year we averaged around 60,000 for the 3 games. Although slightly down this year, the crowd figures at Homebush have been good.

The current balance of 3-4 Homebush games look about right.
    Bollocks.

The Western Sydney team can go an promote the code in their area.

SCG is the Swans home and that's the way it should stay. Homebush is a hole and useless as a sporting venue.

Senior Player
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$
    That's why we're at Homebush and that's why we'll stay there. 40,000 plus at HB brings in lots more than 35,000 max at SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Bollocks.

SCG is the Swans home and that's the way it should stay. Homebush is a hole and useless as a sporting venue.
    When the Western Sydney team arrives it can promote in their area, however, it is short sighted to think that the Swans do not have a responsibilty to promote the club and code to Western Sydney. If it was not for the Swannies marketing and willingness to play some games at Homebush, a 2nd Sydney team would only ever be a pipe dream.
    Swannies for life!

Blog Entries
    I thought that this was going to have something to do with chocolates in December, or those crazies that go to church on Satudays

I love the SCG for its atmos, but the cheap seats at the stadium have a much better view, and since the mrs prefers them, I like them too! :-) I'm not fussed either way...
    Diabolical, triabolical, quadrabolical...

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    When the Western Sydney team arrives it can promote in their area, however, it is short sighted to think that the Swans do not have a responsibilty to promote the club and code to Western Sydney. If it was not for the Swannies marketing and willingness to play some games at Homebush, a 2nd Sydney team would only ever be a pipe dream.
    My point exactly. We've done enough to warrant a second team in Sydney (?).

Time for us to go home and stay there.

Suspended by the MRP
    My point exactly. We've done enough to warrant a second team in Sydney (?).

Time for us to go home and stay there.
    That's debatable in my opinion. The 18th team should be Tasmania.

Quote Originally Posted by RED&WHITE BUNNY View Post
    Should we just play at the SCG and dump the olympic stadium. I think we should just train & play at the SCG and make it our skilled stadium (sh-- for teams to play us there)as it was before the Oly stadium was built.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Play at the SCG. We have more of an advantage there. ANZ Stadium will become West Sydney's home ground soon, so SCG for the Swans. We rarely lose at the SCG.
    Bollocks.

Are you guys serious? Playing home games at Homebush has been one of the best things to happen for the Swans since the move to Sydney. It's helped to change perceptions of the club and code for the better, showing we can draw crowds to a stadium built for big occasions. The quality of the facilities at Homebush is far superior to the SCG, which would have to be the worst AFL venue in the country.

It should be a pipe dream because it's never going to work.The Sydney market wont support 1 team let a lone 2.

2 teams in Sydney is a joke.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast