Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Pies beat Swans this week, should Swans play kids & lose last game

Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post
    In 1970 I stood (for 5 hours) and watched the Bloods run onto the MCG for the first final in many many years.
    We had tears in our eyes as we watched Bobby run around for his only ever final.

Never take a finals experience for granted. It should not be devalued because we have a winning culture now, i.e. we expect to be in finals !

Every season and every chance should be taken.
    Enjoy 2008 for what it has given us (yes a share of heartbreak) and what it still might bring.

Finals experience is exactly what Bird, Ves, etc need to get that hunger.
    Well put.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Win or lose we won't just be playing rookies for the heck of it. Roos was saying earlier in the week he'd like to blood more young ones but many of them (like Thornton, DOK, Schmidt (?)) are injured and others (presumably Currie, Murphy) are not ready.

Probably Jack and maybe Vespa will be back this week. But there's no way we won't make room for Leo against the Pies, and MOL should also be ready for round 22 -- doesn't leave much room for rookies.

The youth policy is there to improve our finals chances, not throw them away.

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Then why would he say it then Nmw,i took it the same way as hammo,Royboy and Scott.I think your reading between the lines a little too much and IMO he's happy for us to get smashed.
    I disagree, but it serves to illustrate why people need to write more clearly.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wise words 31

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I disagree, but it serves to illustrate why people need to write more clearly.
    No matter how you write things different people will see different meanings.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

No matter how you write things different people will see different meanings.
    "If we lose against Collingwood then we should play kids and lose against Brisbane, because if we lose to the 'Pies but we beat Brisbane and thus play in finals we will probably get smashed. Who wants to see that?"

Seems reasonably clear (albeit misguided).

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post
    In 1970 I stood (for 5 hours) and watched the Bloods run onto the MCG for the first final in many many years.
    We had tears in our eyes as we watched Bobby run around for his only ever final.

Never take a finals experience for granted. It should not be devalued because we have a winning culture now, i.e. we expect to be in finals !

Enjoy 2008 for what it has given us (yes a share of heartbreak) and what it still might bring.

That was the first game of footy I saw live as an 8 year old.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I would just as soon not read anything else as silly as this comment.
    I'll second that! There has been some really silly, negative, defeatist posts this week, so much so that i'm not reading much on this forum. Maybe a lot of these posts come from kids who have only ever known finals success and dont realise how much they will desperately want to see Sydney play in the finals when we havent been there for a few seasons. To them I say make the most of being in the finals while you have it.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    "If we lose against Collingwood then we should play kids and lose against Brisbane, because if we lose to the 'Pies but we beat Brisbane and thus play in finals we will probably get smashed. Who wants to see that?"

Seems reasonably clear (albeit misguided).
    Why? This is just another silly comment.

Your right on one thing,i dont want to see us get smashed either.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 31 hard at it

That was the first game of footy I saw live as an 8 year old.

I was 10 and I thought is was christmas - had to listen on the radio (wireless in those days)

Rod_

On the Rookie List
    What rubbish. We have a good record against the Lions and most probably will.win. There will be some significant ins. The younger players will gain their finals experience and us supporters will have the opportunity to see our team play in the finals. If we are not good enough we will be beaten, but the sun will shine the next day and the boys will go on to mad Monday. You can't be afraid of losing.

Why? This is just another silly comment.
    It was a clearer way of writing what I interpreted the OP to have meant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast