Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If Pies beat Swans this week, should Swans play kids & lose last game

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    So according to you, we should just give up on 2008 right now. Paul Roos to players....

"O.K. Lads, its round 21, we are sitting in sixth place on the ladder, if we win one of our next 2 games, we will enbark on yet another finals campaign, unfortunately, I think it would be better to lose those 2 games, dump a few senior players, make way for some youth, dwell down the bottom of the ladder for a couple of seasons and hopefully draft and trade well enough to get us back up the ladder in seasons 2011 and onwards. Apologies to Hall, O'loughlin, Kirk, Jolly Bolton and co.."

God am I glad you have nothing to do with selection at the club and also am glad I dont have to sit next to you at the games. I'm sure you would be a riot.
    What on earth are you on about? I didn't even mention that I think we should lose these next two games. Whether any supporter thinks we are unlikely to win a game also has little to do with the preparation of the coach and players. I am talking about the future. As a supporter of course I want us to win as many games as possible, but like a number of people here (and Roos) I think we are unlikely to make much of an impact in finals and we need to make sure we are planning for the next few years (which means dropping underperforming older players in the next year or two, not next week!). Perhaps you should read or clarify before you rant about what you think is the case according to me!
    Last edited by Lohengrin; 21st August 2008 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    What on earth are you on about? I didn't even mention that I think we should lose these next two games. Whether any supporter thinks we are unlikely to win a game also has little to do with the preparation of the coach and players. I am talking about the future. As a supporter of course I want us to win as many games as possible, but like a number of people here (and Roos) I think we are unlikely to make much of an impact in finals and we need to make sure we are planning for the next few years (which means dropping underperforming older players in the next year or two, not next week!). Perhaps you should read or clarify before you rant about what you think is the case according to me!
    Well, it sounded to me like you have given up on the year, the players and on the coach. If this is not the case, than I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Well, it sounded to me like you have given up on the year, the players and on the coach. If this is not the case, than I apologise.
    Just settle! Most of us don't give up hope, but still take realistic and long term views.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Nahhhhhh. We'll play the old blokes, get flogged and finish 9th.

That means PICK 8 will be ours.

I sadly agree. If we scrape into the finals, we will only be there for week 1. We are in a physically worse for wear condition which is similar to 2004 when we fell over to the Saints.
    The scary thing is how the media & club seemed to be wetting themselves over the return of Leo Barry (who has shown that with ages his trick of running around in circles means he gets pinged more often than not )

If he is our saviour, then heaven help us both tomorrow night & in the finals!

How do the finals look? If we finish 4th we play the Cats at the MCG. If we finish 5th we have a home final against team 8, right? What about if we finish 6-8?

JF (who hates this time of year, logistics-wise)
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Interesting now...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234