View Poll Results: Should SBS have the right to play all footy matches (without ads) free-to-air?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely. There are enough hard to pronounce names in the league to justify it!

0 0%
  • Ansolutely. Ads cause psychotic episodes in households across Australia every week!

0 0%
  • Absolutely! 7 sucks. 9 sucks. 10 sucks. Fox is too expensive and...well...it sucks!

4 100.00%

Thread: Aussie Rules Coverage in NSW

Aussie Rules Coverage in NSW

I'm sure this has been dealt with ad nauseum on the forum, but I just have to vent!

7 suck. Not only have the cut out entire first quarters regularly on Saturday afternoon in favour of 'Super Cars', they have denied NSW Aussie Rules fans the opportunity to view crunch matches at the business end of the season in favour of showing some obscure, rubbish sports from the Olympics.

Now, I love the Olympics as much as the next sporting enthusiast, but not at the expense of footy, and definitely not at this time of the year!!!!!!!

Can it be possible that 9 were actually better!?!

I edge closer and closer to selling my soul to Fox....
    Ar aghaidh chun bua 2007!

Buddy
    You are kidding arent you.

It is the 2nd if not 3rd most popular football code in the city and 4 games are shown free to air which is more than Rugby League supporters get. ( Evn if Friday night is delayed).

On top of that the Fox coverage is excellent and if you wish you can watch 7 or 8 games live every week and then they are repeated mid week.

NSW is bigger than Sydney chief...

Euro Handball is way less popular for viewers, as is women's basketball.

Fox is too expensive, and the schedule is mostly full of crap, which means...it sucks.

(And...yes...the poll is a joke...)
    Last edited by Eala ?ireann; 25th August 2008 at 11:47 AM.
    Ar aghaidh chun bua 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Eala ?ireann View Post
    NSW is bigger than Sydney chief...

Euro Handball is way less popular for viewers, as is women's basketball.

Fox is too expensive, and the schedule is mostly full of crap, which means...it sucks.

(And...yes...the poll is a joke...)
    Seven had originally programmed the AFL to be televised on Sunday as it had the previous week, but succumbed to pressure after an avalanche of complaints around the country about the interruption to the Olympics coverage so handed the game to Foxtel who televised it on Main Event in NSW and Queensland.

Living in 2005
    I am a bit annoyed by the 7 coverage on Sunday's at times, but coverage in NSW/QLD is pretty brilliant considering it is a money loser for both 10 and 7.

I think 9 and Foxtel will win the rights next time which probably means Foxtel will get a bigger share of key games to justify their outlay and there is no way 9 will allow itself to be slayed in the ratings like 10 has for the Swans in Sat Night games. Will be a very interesting contract next time around, my feeling is that unless the AFL starts delivering some real rating successes, AFL could become a near Foxtel only game north of the Murray.

Seriously, if you have Foxtel, coverage in the Northern states is just brilliant.

Live Friday night, both games live Sat arvo, both games live Sat night and back to back games Sunday with the cross over game on FTA.

If you are a footy follower, get Foxtel and stop whinging, it is as good as it gets.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09