Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22 Teams - vs Brisbane Lions

It also annoys me how they name Grundy up forward, but then he ends up starting the game in the defensive goal square.

Ves was close to my TLM picks last week....

Not Good, not good at all.....

Makes me think that the kids won't be looked at for next week at all, we'll go for out of form "established " options
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

WTF is going on at the Selection Table.

How the @@@@ Spida gets a game is just crap.
    How the @@@@ Vespa gets dropped again is mind boggling
    How the @@@@ Grundy is still there is confusing.
    How the @@@@ Noggy gets back in is a concern ( Re Fossie/Barlow)

Worrying re : Micky O

Would rather of given Benny a send off than bloody Spida Everitt.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Give it a rest everyone, come game time on Saturday night if we can't finish higher than 8th then you will see all three emergency's play plus probably a couple of others as well come into the team as they rest anyone with even a slight injury.

If a couple of teams above lose then we will fight for a home final.

As for comments regarding Spider, we are going to play with two ruckman no matter what and we are not going to bring Currie into the side round 22. Spider will play the rest of the year and then be retired get over it.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

They wouldn't dare play a young kid (Vespa) over a premiership player.

A shocking call to drop Vesz.

We look old and slow so what do we do? Drop the one player who showed some energy and class last week.

A week ago Roos was saying he'd play the likes of Vesz and Jack to give them experience regardless of where we'd finish. What's changed?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Jesus H. CHRIST!

Ablett in, I don't mind too much, though I don't like it. Perhaps he's being put on the trade table, and Roos wants other teams to have confidence in him. Clubs aren't going to want to recruit a guy who can't get a game.

Maceski in, I'm pissed off about. Accept that he has zero confidence in himself (and his knee) right now, and let him maintain his fitness and skills in the reserves til next season.

Veszpremi out, well @@@@ OFF. Why can't a young kid get a chance to play a few consecutive games in the seniors? Bird and Jack seem to be the only guys who get a chance. Oh, Barlow as well, I guess. He was injured, not dropped. Anyway, Vespa was solid against the Pies, which is more than most of our players can boast. Unless he has a niggling injury, I can't comprehend this decision.

Everrit retaining his place, well, @@@@. I got my hopes up because of that article on the Swans site. I can't believe he has retained his place.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Left Right Out
    These selections are the worst decisions since Greedo shooting first but DST is right. That wont be our team come saturday night. Ben Matthews will be in. Dale Lewis will pull the boots on, Derek Kickett is going to play on the HFF and Roos is going to show LRT how to play CHB by taking the #1 jumper off BBBBH's back and strapping those mattresses back on his thighs for old times sake!!

Disappointing to see Vespa dropped.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

I am not disappointed about vespa. it is predictable in its own way. we prefer playing blokes who try hard (LRT, Bevan, Richards and more recently Grundy) to blokes with talent

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    I am not disappointed about vespa. it is predictable in its own way. we prefer playing blokes who try hard (LRT, Bevan, Richards and more recently Grundy) to blokes with talent
    Vespa does both.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    This is no doubt part of a plan to reinvent Veszpremi as a tagger next year
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast