Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blind Barry & B1 could miss first final ...

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Let's face it - Brisbane weren't going any further than last night, so a year's worth of "pent-up" by Charman was almost predictable. If the MRC are to be believed or have any credibility he'll get his week's holiday.
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Both Merrett and who ever Jude brushed past , should get a week for pathetic overacting. This prepensity for diving needs to be weeded out, it's a bore. I'd hate to see a big game decided by a dive, 'ala soccer style'.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

After watching the Fifth Quarter replays, I'm more concerned about Monty's bump and I don't think the MRP or Tribunal will be lenient following the 4-week suspension farce.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Buchanan is gone, and should be, committed the dopiest sin running backwards instead of even attempting to turn his body looked straight at the player and caught him late, very very stupid and for mine we can get rid of him now under the no dickheads policy.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't work out where Buchanan's contact came from that had him lying flat out like he'd been hit by Ali. Was he faking?

Jude is in trouble. It looked quite bad IMO, very late.

On the Rookie List
    Buchanan was definitly playing up the head knock, probably thought that if he pretended he was hurt, he'd get off.
    Grandson of South Melbourne legend Keith Schaefer.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Hall will be fine, Jude should get off with a guilty plea if it goes that far. I was kinda hoping that Spida may be missing next week, I thought his punch looked far worse than Barry's. Although Spida probably played his best game for the year, is he really likely to match that performance next week?

Spida did play his best for the year...and as usual ONLY after I spent the whole week posting vile about his on-field form and decrepid old reflexes and power.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

I don't care if they "look at" these incidents (I'm sick of hearing that cliche. Especially in Victoria where every premier we get nowadays can only do this).

If any one of our players are goneski for any of these events, the game is truly petticoat. Though the Wakelin thing proved that.

The game is at its softest and Geelong (the handbaggers) are the dominant side. Coincidence?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    My thoughts:
    1. Baz - nothing in it but he shouldn't be pushing that boundary.
    2. B1 - got off the ground (as Voss said) but did he make contact with the head? If not, perhaps a reprimand.
    3. Buchanan - I thought a genuine contest, although he did seem to recover rapidly from incipient concussion! May cop a week or two, which would be a bad loss. We need him there.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Buchanan won't have a case to answer. Softest report of the year IMO.

Was the Buchanan incident that you're talking about the contest near the 50 at the Randwick end where both he and the Lions player were on the ground afterwards? If so, what is the report for? To me it looked like a genuine contest. Buchy got the guy high because his arm was up looking to punch the ball...at least that's what it looked like to me.

I think Bolton's was far worse, because it was late, high, and he was off the ground.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast