Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: v North Melbourne - Saturday Night at ANZ

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It may also have a bit to do with peoples past experiences at ANZ. We've discussed some of those before in another thread, maybe that is turning people away as well.
    I have those experiences too (and they're not that bad) and it wont stop me from attending a final there. Anyway, I'm over venting my dissappointment about this. Clearly a lot of you think that the ticket sales for tonight's game is perfectly understandable. That attitude tells me despite a quarter century of AFL being played in Sydney interest in the code will never develop to anything more than where it's currently at. I hope you all enjoy watching a Swan's final with possibly the smallest finals crowd in AFL history.
    Last edited by cruiser; 6th September 2008 at 05:13 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List
    Cheer up everyone! We made the finals when many people (including alot on this board) didn't think we would this season. I'm feeling a bit bummed about the weather and needed a little pick me up, so I just watched the 4th quarter of the 2005 semi. I'm pumped now and ready to brave the rain. See you all at the game!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I have those experiences too (and they're not that bad) and it wont stop me from attending a final there. Anyway, I'm over venting my dissappointment about this. Clearly a lot of you think that the ticket sales for tonight's game is perfectly understandable. That attitude tells me despite a quarter century of AFL being played in Sydney interest in the code will never develop to anything more than where it's currently at. I hope you all enjoy watching a Swan's final with possibly the smallest finals crowd in AFL history.
    I guess it proves one thing, except for the core supporters, the rest are pretty fickle.

And where are the 30k+ Roos supporters??

Warming the Bench
    I'll be there with all my usual mates. It never occurred to us not to go.

Just about to head out.

C'arn you BLOOODSS!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I guess it proves one thing, except for the core supporters, the rest are pretty fickle.

And where are the 30k+ Roos supporters??
    I reckon the Roos demographic is slanted to the older brigade. The grannies who take their knitting to the footy that are not likely to travel.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    If we CAN win tonight, I reckon we can at least make it to the preliminary final...from what I saw from the Bullies last night I reckon we can take them...BUT in that regard, its a bit like the Brisbane preliminary final a few years ago (the one where Roosie told the players at 3/4 time that Cressa was retiring...03). If we'd won that game we would have easily accounted for the pies in the grannie...
    We may be going for a record low crowd tonight which will at least be something. I think the record low for an elimination final is about 25,200 and naturally featured the roos and port...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415