Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brisbane Lions Coaching Job - Paul Roos $6

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    He also walked out on Tasmania mid-year without an explanation didn't he?
    Yep... But he does have a bit of assistant experience with Geelong & Brisbane....

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    What has Maxfield done coaching-wise?
    Nothing AFAIK (apart from spending some time in the box in 2005 after he got injured), I just see him as the type of player who would make a good senior coach based on my impression of him.

I am less sure about Cresswell given P46's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    What has Maxfield done coaching-wise?
    Maxy's actually been to quite a few home games this year, sitting beside the bench with the coaching/medical staff.

I'd love to see Maxy take over.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Cresswell walked out on Tasmania because he has a massive gambling problem and owed money to the pres of the club. He walked out of his wife and three kids and disappeared for a while. not the kind of stable minded person you need for a coaching role I wouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Maxy's actually been to quite a few home games this year, sitting beside the bench with the coaching/medical staff.

I'd love to see Maxy take over.

isn't Maxfield a part time development coach for the club? Much more qualified than Cressa

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Thomson View Post
    If Roosy cals it quits I would like to see another Sydney person take over. Darryn Cresswell has some coaching under his belt and was a great leader on the field. That's just a notion but I like the idea of sticking with our own
    That would not be a good move in my opinion..I am not the greatest fan of Cresswell. Except for the time he drew my ticket out in a raffle. Maybe that's the only thing he is good at..organising a chook raffle.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

No AFL club will touch him after his assistant roles at Geelong and Brisbane both ended badly and his job at Tasmania ended with him just walking out and catching the first available plane to London. The guy while talented enough to be a senior coach at the AFL Level just doesn't have the professional ability to be a senior coach at even the VFL Level.

As for Stuart Maxfield for him to even become a Senior Coach at the Swans would need him to commit to living in Sydney once again. Something that he gave up at the start of 2005 for family reasons, forced him to give up his job as captain of the Swans and something that hasn't to this stage been considered by him for even a coaching role either as an assistant or on our development staff. Hence why Stuart was given a major role in a recuiting and scouting department. It was a role that meant he could stay involved with the Swans and still live in Melbourne and be near his family. I doubt he'll be looking to give that up anytime soon.

Regardless of what people what and think, the role of senior coach has been given to Longmire for when Paul Roos steps down either at the end of this season (which has been mooted) or at the end of his contract next season (which has been stated many many times by the club and by Roos). So why suggest for something else when the replacement has already been put in place at the start of last year?
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123