Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Coast Football Club

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Knickers drop for Capper!
    Done it, did it, doing it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Knickers will drop the Swans for them in a second.
    Gees. Talk about tearing my heart in two. Davo finishing up there at 31 would probably seal the deal. Ticket Holder #1

Quote Originally Posted by humphrey bear View Post
    I dont reckon they are getting enough picks.

They cant play a team of kids for the first 3 years and get smashed every week. Therefore they are going to have to trade the picks for some big bodied senior players. Trade 4 or 5 of those picks for a couple of players and they dont have much left.

For them to be any good inside a decade they will need much better concessions.
    They can also pick up to 16 uncontracted players (one from each club) to strengthen their list (and with AFL $ behind them they will land some good players), so I think they will be competitive enough.

However, I don't understand why they were allowed to have red, white, blue and yellow as their colours considering they conflict with so many other teams - it is madness.

Why couldn't they choose something distinctive? The whole purpose of having a central administrative body is to make sure that things like this don't happen. They will need a different "away" strip for every second match - that is not the sort of thing that you want happening when you are trying to establish a brand. Very, very silly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12