Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member focus groups

Regular in the Side

Member focus groups

The Swans membership department will be conducting focus groups in the next month regarding the 2009 membership packages. Just got this from the Swans:

"In 2009 we will have a new look Membership Guide to help explain the product range. We are looking for a small group of members across all member types to be part of a focus group to review the new guide before it lands in your letter box.

Two focus groups will be run on the following days

Thursday 18 September, 5:30pm till 7:00pm
    Wednesday 1 October, 5:30pm till 7:00pm

If you would like to be involved, please book now and email your member id and contact phone number ."

I won't be able to make it, but I'm hoping someone from RWO can to let us know any details about next year's packages. I'm a bit scared that they'll put the prices up more than usual this year.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I'm a bit scared that they'll put the prices up more than usual this year.
    Any reason to be scared? Membership was down this year and the crowd numbers at ANZ showed the effect of the economy / possible waning interest. I doubt the Swans are daft enough to think the answer to membership woes is a big price hike.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Any reason to be scared? Membership was down this year and the crowd numbers at ANZ showed the effect of the economy / possible waning interest. I doubt the Swans are daft enough to think the answer to membership woes is a big price hike.
    You never know Liz,we all thought intrest rates wouldnt rise so many times and look what happend.

I bet my left ######## that they put up prices.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Of course they're going to put up prices.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    The vague survey I filled in online earlier this year and I'm sure I read in an email from the club a month or two back that they were considering using a sliding scale on reserved seats; better seats = higher cost. Maybe I'm misremembering. I could have dreamed it, I've had some rippers lately! :lol:
    Life's not a spectator sport

While it's unlikely the price of membership will be reduced, I don't think the Swans will put prices up due to declining membership in recent years.

The Swans will be looking at ways to get more casual supporters involved in the club. One possibility might be a 3 or 4 match pass for SCG games, based on the success of the Homebush initiative.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

The vague survey I filled in online earlier this year and I'm sure I read in an email from the club a month or two back that they were considering using a sliding scale on reserved seats; better seats = higher cost. Maybe I'm misremembering. I could have dreamed it, I've had some rippers lately! :lol:
    My wife reckons she's had some really weird dreams since she has been pregnant.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    i heard there is going to be an SCG Only membership Option!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warming the Bench
    I did the survey and finished with the impression (based on the options being considered) that members' long term seats were at risk or made even more expensive.

Maybe they should include ...supporters who are not members

Who knows they may find out why some supporters havent become members.

Cheers

Wazza

Bandwagon Driver australian_made's Avatar
    I did this in 2006 and its not too bad. it allowed me to vent my spleen about having to wear a collared shirt to sit in the Noble Stand, just cause some snotty SCG Members want us to like nice in their peripheral vision while they sip chardonnay! still gets me mad. we are the primary tenant, the SCG Trusts main income source, yet we are treated like second class citizens.
    If the siren sounds in Tasmania, and the umpires don't hear it, does it make a sound?

I'm a bit scared that they'll put the prices up more than usual this year.
    Don't think so, what you are going to get next year is a much more broader and flexible seating options and probably a greater general admission area.

This way they can create a super premium seating section on the wings which die hards will fork out for the increase but will offset this by offerring cheaper reserved seats as they move to the pockets and eventually GA behind the goals.

It's pretty obivous the club needs to be able to cater for a greater number of members who want to go GA but at least get a chance for a decent seat and they need to cater for people who are willing to spend a little more for a reserved seat but not a mozza for the premium ones on the wings.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast