Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member focus groups

Living in 2005
    I imagine they will be getting pretty creative for next year considering they will have a full capacity SCG back in play. We will probably see the current set of memberships retained but something like a "build your own membership" type of thing, where you start off with a nominal fee then add Homebush only, or SCG only or "Blockbusters". Be interesting to see if these type of memberships will qualify for final and grand final priority access.

I am predicting a loyalty discount or loyalty bonus system to be introduced this year also based on years of consecutive membership. I would think the Swans would be pretty keen on protecting its hardcore support base in Sydney, there would be massive concerns within the Club about renewal numbers this year.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    This way they can create a super premium seating section on the wings which die hards will fork out for the increase but will offset this by offerring cheaper reserved seats as they move to the pockets and eventually GA behind the goals.
    Sounds alright as long as they don't try and move current members.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    While it's unlikely the price of membership will be reduced, I don't think the Swans will put prices up due to declining membership in recent years.

The Swans will be looking at ways to get more casual supporters involved in the club. One possibility might be a 3 or 4 match pass for SCG games, based on the success of the Homebush initiative.
    I think you'll find that our drop in crowds has in some way had a lot to do with the capped SCG capacity. The casual walk-ups who'd go to games if the weather was nice make up a far amount of the Swans audience. With the SCG basically being membership only for the last couple of years this casual supporter base has felt they can't get in. And being fickle Sydneysiders they have found other things to do with their leisure time.

Winning these people back is going to requite the club to spend thousands to spread the message that you now CAN turn up on the day & attend Swans matches again. Even the casual attendees probably wouldn't be attending games at Homebush as well if they think they can't get in to the SCG. It is at Homebush this season where the biggest losses in crowds have been felt this season.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Only if they provide free scotch will I go!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12