Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Day thread - Semi Final Vs Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    the only obvious hole in our game tonight....

getting killed by Murphy....
    Not even Connolly would dare dispute this...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Half Time. Bulldogs 41 Swans 37

Basically our midfield and defence were starting to be killed in the second quarter.

Half Time

Bulldogs 6.5 41
    Sydney 5.7 37

A tight game but accurate goal kicking would have the Swans in front. Kennelly has certainly rebounded after last week and leads the Swans' disposal count with 14, Hall's been too good for Lake, Murphy's too good for Bevan and very surprisingly, the free kicks are going the Swans' way.

The good thing is that we're not getting flogged and there's a chance the Swans can rip them up in the 3rd quarter like last week.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

I wouldnt say its that clear cut gossipcom. They got a good run on in the last 10 minutes of the quarter there but we held them okay. I would of taken being within about 4 goals at h/t, so only being 4 points down is very good for us. Kirky needs to get into the game more and we need to work harder in the midfield. Its right in the balance at half time.

I reckon we look OK...........

Great game
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    At least the 2nd quarter hoo doo didn't occur.

Our centre bounce clearences have been pathetic.

We need to get someone in the midfield to get these bloody clearences. Let's hope Kirky can repeat what he did last week. Just need to get the ball out of the scraps.

Vesz is looking extremely nervous. Just need to hold some of those grabs.

AND BLOODY CONVERT YOUR CHANCES!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

We're in a similar position to last week. Need Kirk, O'Keefe, Hall and Goodes to stand up. Dogs looking better when they move it quickly, our forward line really hasn't imposed itself yet but the signs are there.

Dogs have turned up tonight. I feel there is a nail-biter coming up.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Half time... And we're down by 4.... Not bad... But really had the oppurtunity for us to get about 17 up at one stage but alas... didn't take our chances.

As someone said, Doggies goals have been mostly from some scrubby play. hardly convincing.. Nonetheless, they still lead by 4.

Johnson will have a question mark over him for the rest of the game.... Tough SOB to even get back out there.

Eski coming into it a little.... BBBBH & Goodesy seem to have the measure of their opponents up fwd. Our rucks are going well and McVeigh is now getting a bit of it. kennelly and LRT are playing well along with leaping and B2. Just need a bit mor out of the likes of Vez, Moore, Kirk, B1 and Ablett.

Well in this and not to disimilar to last weekend.... Let's wait and see if it pans out like that... Here's hoping it does....

Senior Player
    Vespremi looking a little shell shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Vespremi looking a little shell shocked.
    Understandable. The pace of the game has got him a bit. Hopefully he can pop up and kick a crucial goal in the second half.

We do need some mids or crumbers to step up. Need more options than just Hall and Goodes.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Looking alright I reckon. It's a long game, and it's important we stay in touch because we usually come home strongly.

Neither side has been able to get more than about 10-ish points in front, and I don't see any indication that will change in the second half.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I'm @@@@ting bricks.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast