Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial game day thread - Swans v Bulldogs

Blog Entries

Unofficial game day thread - Swans v Bulldogs

Get the unauthorised version of events here - all the stuff that the clubs (and the mods) don't want you to know.

Nick Davis talk allowed I presume?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I'll stick with you ROK. Suspect i will be getting sloshed. Can feel a big match coming on.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

can i say which players shat me off tonight the most

spida- ive seen old ladies move faster
    leo- retire please

bevan- hack

goodes- dont play unfit

brad johnson- ur a toss
    Theres not much left to say

having unfit players on the field hurt us, but who do you honestly replace Goodes and O'Keefe (Who has been far from fit for a while) and Kennelly? If we had depth like Geelong its not so bad, but we dont.

Johnson is such an overated piece of trash imo- always has been always will be. A bludy tough nut granted (Ie not many would come back from that headclash), but as a footballer Ive never understood the massive wraps on him.

They will (like we would of) be absolutely smashed by Geelong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    having unfit players on the field hurt us, but who do you honestly replace Goodes and O'Keefe (Who has been far from fit for a while) and Kennelly? If we had depth like Geelong its not so bad, but we dont.
    Who do you believe? Those players won us the game last week and Roos was saying all was well during the week. We can't blame injuries for the loss tonight.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Who do you believe? Those players won us the game last week and Roos was saying all was well during the week. We can't blame injuries for the loss tonight.
    Blame our goal kicking
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Yeh but O'Keefe and Goodes were playing basically out of the forward line solely with a midfield that was winning more then their fair share of ball. That didnt happen this week. IMO though, those players werent the ones that won the game for us. And Im not at all blaming injuries for the loss- but it hindered us no doubt. But thats footy- and we were punished more for a lack of depth in the squad (Which happens sadly due to a sustained period of success/ a lack of bringing young playes into the squad for a long period of time) then the injured players playing tonight.

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Blame our goal kicking
    2 less scoring shots. Goals are a big confidence boaster, particularly when on-the-run.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Blame our goal kicking
    Well it probably wasn't the biggest factor, but it certainly contributed, kicking 9.15 is poor and we kick more behinds than goals in our matches way to often. Convert 14 or 15 of these 24 shots into goals we would have only lost by around a goal or 2, but i think the pressure the bulldogs put us under certainly affected our set shots as we were under pressure to kick it to keep us alive in the game.

as usual we missed some very kickable ones that we had to kick. 3 I can think of are McVeigh and Hall in the 3rd quarter (McVeighs was especially annoying as he was going to play on but didnt when he had a good couple of steps on his opponent and an open run to goal).

The one that really hurt I thought was Kennelly's one in the 2nd quarter and another one (Cant remember who) that we missed that could of put us a bit over 2 goals in front.

Thats footy though!

At least we were there unlike West Coast!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast